PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] OpenOffice / unoconv / java problem when run from PHP script with www-data user

ufliker
July 8th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Hi all,

I've a big issue using unoconv to convert Office docs in PDF format from a PHP script.

It works perfectly when I run the script or the unoconv commands as root, but it fails the second I do the same from web (through apache and www-data user) :(

I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 Server 64bits, openoffice.org and unoconv packages have been installed via apt-get (re-installed today). I think openoffice is version 3.2.

Here is a command line that is called by exec() PHP command :

/usr/bin/unoconv -f pdf /home/www/framework/files/volume_0/document/original/1278613446MWEwwT4k.pptAgain : it works when runned as root, fails when runned by apache's www-data.

I logged into the server as www-data (su www-data) and run the command manually. The result is the following error :

[Java framework] Error in function createSettingsDocument (elements.cxx).
javaldx failed!
Error: Unable to connect or start own listener. Aborting.Very very frustrating bug ](*,)

Thank you so much for the help and time to anyone who can help me with this issue ;)

My_web
September 7th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried everything I found online. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks

adamtog
December 4th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem with javaldx. I got it to work by executing the following lines as root. I assume www-data's home-directory is /var/www. I admit to not knowing why it helps.

1) Remove old .openoffice.org-folders in /var/www.
root@host: rm -rf /var/www/.openoffice.org

2) Copy .openoffice.org-folders from root
root@host: cp -a ~/.openoffice.org /var/www

3) Change owner to www-data
root@host: chown -R www-data.www-data /var/www/.openoffice.org

brain90
December 29th, 2011, 04:43 AM
This a bugs in unoconv. Maybe this links can help :
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=501440

First think first, start running OpenOffice.org as listener in the background on a headless X server using this command.

soffice -display :0.0 -norestore -headless \ "-accept=socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp;StarOff ice.ComponentContext"
Try to running unoconv via php exec command.