PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Getting back my sound system

braiamp
July 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I'm opening this thread following the topic forum organization. The original thread are on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9557636. The series will continue for each problem that I get and the steps that I take.

As above described, I changed all my system root to bind user and getting back to root. But a consecuent of that are vary and maybe take some time to get resolved, but the topic of the thread is:

I use the root user to get a X session (i kwon, bad idea) on my system. But even that I don't get that my sound system get up. I have a HP Pavilion a1104x using the integrated sound card. Before the accident it works as expected but now dosen't. I have complete access to all logs for who want's more debbuging info.

braiamp
July 11th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Well, I maybe have to change the way that want the answer that Im looking for make my system work as expected.
Some of the device files, configuration files, binary link, library or anyelse that should be in a exact uid, user or group owned? I attach the last list of the package that I have installed to build my entire system with apt-build but didn't do for time and energy reasons, on my HP Pavilion a1104x, I use integrated audio device.

Here is how my system have set the users and groups:
/dev = root
/etc = root
/*bin = root
/usr/*bin = root
/usr/* = root
/home/* = his respective users and /home by root
/var/log = the syslog user and the user especific for each log file
/var/* = root
/lib/udev = root, maybe it would have another user but yet I don't know
/lib/security = root
/lib/* = root
/* = root
everyelse don't listed = root

Any help would be apreciated.

braiamp
July 11th, 2010, 01:17 PM
It seems a pulseaudio problem, I reinstall it and all work as expected.