PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] applets

accodata
July 8th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Hi

I am wondering how I get applets back on the panels please?

I was removing an applet, but I have no idea how I turn off my pc without the applet there?

Any help

PLEASE

Tracey

:D

N-t-F
July 8th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Well, even without bringing the applets back, you should be able to switch off your computer or close your session from the "System" menu. The two last menu items usually do just that when you don't have applets anymore.

mcduck
July 8th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Just right-click on the panel, select "Add to Panel" and from the window that appears you can drag&drop any applets you want into your panel.

The one with the shutdown options is called "Indicator Applet Session", not a very descriptive name in my opinion but anyway that's the one you need. :)

One you have the applets in your panel you can move them where you want them by dragging with middle mouse button (or by right-clicking and selecting "Move"). If some applet refuses to move right-click it and make sure "Lock to Panel" is disabled. (also the Window List and Notification area applets have a small handle on the far left end of the applet that allows you to access the applet's menu and move it, clicking on individual notification icons won't give you access to the applet itself).

edit: Also, like the above poster mentioned, if you remove the shutdown option from your panel it should automatically appear in your System menu.

accodata
July 8th, 2010, 10:43 AM
thank you so very much