PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Wubi woes

fooneyguy
July 8th, 2010, 07:01 AM
So I started with a wubi install. I've since come to love linux and I want to make a normally partitioned install.

A bit of background: I've found that wubi causes a great many unexpected complications which have forced me to ghetto rig my system into working on more than one occasion. Also most solutions I find don't work because of the wubi install. So I'm sick of it and I want to go all the way with a normal partitioned install.

My issue: I want to keep my linux setup which I have come to love. I have everything running the way I like, and it would be a shame to have to start from scratch.

So: does anyone know of a somewhat simple way that I can convert my wubi install into a normally paritioned installation. With my wubi install I've had to back up my root disk delete and reinstall wubi then restore my backed up root disk. I'm hoping it could be that simple to convert my current setup, but I need to know how to swap a fresh install for my current root disk. In any case any help or ideas are much appreciated. Thank you in advance form an enthusiastic liunx newbie.

bcbc
July 10th, 2010, 05:45 AM
See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1519354