PDA

View Full Version : New Apple "friend bar" gives customers someone to talk about products with

Cuddles McKitten
July 8th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Even more innovation from Apple:
http://www.theonion.com/video/new-apple-friend-bar-gives-customers-someone-to-ta,17693/

murderslastcrow
July 8th, 2010, 06:57 AM
I love the Onion.

McRat
July 8th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I thought they already had those. :confused:

Well what are Bath Houses then?

Legendary_Bibo
July 8th, 2010, 09:20 AM
:lolflag:

Tristam Green
July 8th, 2010, 01:34 PM
The problem is that Apple might as well have this, considering they call their counters "Genius Bars" at the stores.

Friend Bars = Starbucks Coffee shops?

Redache
July 8th, 2010, 03:23 PM
To be fair Apple do try with the whole "premium" shopping experience.

I would laugh so much if Apple actually did that though.

the8thstar
July 8th, 2010, 03:36 PM
"They get trained to pretend they know less than the customer about the product they sell" Well, flattery has always worked on vain people in love with their ego. So it's gonna be a winner indeed for Apple!

I'm taken aback by the "I'm Your Friend" thing. I mean, are people forgetting what real friendship is? It's not quacking about your new iPad IMO.

RiceMonster
July 8th, 2010, 03:54 PM
"They get trained to pretend they know less than the customer about the product they sell" Well, flattery has always worked on vain people in love with their ego. So it's gonna be a winner indeed for Apple!

I'm taken aback by the "I'm Your Friend" thing. I mean, are people forgetting what real friendship is? It's not quacking about your new iPad IMO.

I think you should double check who this video is comming from.

forrestcupp
July 8th, 2010, 04:05 PM

Are you talking about Cuddles McKitten or the Onion? :)

I love the phone conversation in that video. The Apple Friends side of it could just be a recording that played for everyone.

Keith_K
July 8th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Are you so geekey that the geeks won't hang out with you anymore?
Have you been kicked off the apple fan forum?
Did your mom have to tie a pork chop around your neck so the family dog would play with you?

Then the Apple Friends Bar is here for you...

the8thstar
July 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Are you so geekey that the geeks won't hang out with you anymore?
Have you been kicked off the apple fan forum?
Did your mom have to tie a pork chop around your neck so the family dog would play with you?

Then the Apple Friends Bar is here for you...

Yep... Nerds Unite.

Groucho Marxist
July 8th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Even more innovation from Apple:
http://www.theonion.com/video/new-apple-friend-bar-gives-customers-someone-to-ta,17693/

I don't know if this news can overcome the innovation of Apple's MacBook Wheel
http://www.theonion.com/video/apple-introduces-revolutionary-new-laptop-with-no,14299/

the8thstar
July 9th, 2010, 06:47 AM

I watched the video again with the sound turned on this time... so I got the irony of it all :) We don't have such a thing as the Onion here, so I got a little mystified because I was caught off guard. Oh well!

Sporkman
July 9th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I watched the video again with the sound turned on this time... so I got the irony of it all :) We don't have such a thing as the Onion here, so I got a little mystified because I was caught off guard. Oh well!

You should check out the rest of that site - it's news parody, very funny.

RiceMonster
July 9th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I think my favorite part of this video was "The Friend Line"

"Oh yes"
"Yes sir, that's very interesting!"