PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is there a thread on all of the different effects Ubuntu can do?

MrOneEyedBoh
July 8th, 2010, 05:06 AM
I've seen all kinds of youtube videos on the different effects of ubuntu. I was wondering if there was a thread that had already compiled them together and I can just look at them and choose.

Thanks.:popcorn:

vangop
July 8th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Hi,
take a look at the sticky thread in this subforum.
After you install ccsm you'll be able to see all the effects in a nice config, try them and choose.

mcduck
July 8th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I doubt that there's any thread that could tell everything that can be done, as many cool effects are done by creatively combining features from many Compiz plugins, but anyway you'll find a list and descriptions of each plugin in the Compiz Wiki: http://wiki.compiz.org/CompizFusionPlugins

MrOneEyedBoh
July 8th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I already have compiz installed but under animations I dont see any of the ones that are shown under that wiki. Do I have to install another version or a plug in?

mcduck
July 8th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Compiz and the main plugins package are installed by default, but if you want more plugins you can install the compiz-fusion-plugins-extra package: compiz-fusion-plugins-extra (apt:compiz-fusion-plugins-extra)

Of course you might want to install CompizConfig Settings Manager as well to be able to easily enable/disable the plugins and adjust their settings: compizconfig-settings-manager (apt:compizconfig-settings-manager)

MrOneEyedBoh
July 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM
much appreciation!

MrOneEyedBoh
July 8th, 2010, 04:11 PM
nevermind. DL it via software center