PDA

View Full Version : streaming video resolution in mythweb

mdaitc
July 8th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Hi,

anyone know how to (easily) change the resolution at which the video is streamed via mythweb using the flowplayer? the default (my current) seems to be 320x260 and lower audio quality. it would be nice to get this at higher quality so i dont have to wait for a download to complete before watching the higher quality.

FWIW, the pop-out video player doesn't seem to function mythweb 0.24.0~trunk25265-0ubuntu0~mythbuntu1

thanks,

nickrout
July 8th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Hi,

anyone know how to (easily) change the resolution at which the video is streamed via mythweb using the flowplayer? the default (my current) seems to be 320x260 and lower audio quality. it would be nice to get this at higher quality so i dont have to wait for a download to complete before watching the higher quality.

The code appears to be in /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/stream/stream_flv.pl

FWIW, the pop-out video player doesn't seem to function mythweb 0.24.0~trunk25265-0ubuntu0~mythbuntu1

thanks,

things break in trunk, thats why it is not a release :)

mdaitc
July 8th, 2010, 02:22 PM
in case someone else wants the answer:

actually, there's some convenient settings in the mysql database (settings table) - look for WebFLV_w (there's a few other _ entries too) to adjust the video properties.

managementboy
July 9th, 2010, 02:51 PM
even easier: in mythweb go to Settings, then "MythWeb", then Video Playback.