PDA

View Full Version : On-Disk - Any Experiences?

theraje
July 8th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Howdy folks! Just wanted to find out if anyone here has ever used On-Disk.com to obtain Ubuntu CDs/DVDs (they are listed on the Ubuntu site as a distributor in the United States). I placed an order with them almost a week ago (and paid extra for priority shipping), and they have not shipped it. They won't respond to e-mails, and I even tried to call them, but they haven't returned my call yet.

So, has anyone ever successfully ordered anything from them? I'm worried that I got scammed. :(

ubunterooster
July 8th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Web of Trust says they are reliable, (but with very few actual people scoring it) but I never heard of them before

theraje
July 9th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Well, I decided I'd try to do a forum search here, and it seems they are legit. I can't believe though that it's been a week now, and:

My order has not shipped.
My e-mails have not been replied to.
My phone calls have gone unanswered.
My voice mails have not been returned.

I'm pretty upset right now... especially since the only Internet access I have out here is dial-up, and downloading any Linux distribution (even stuff like DSL and Puppy) is nigh on impossible. If I can't get these guys to send me my discs, I'm up a creek. :(

ubunterooster
July 9th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Check your bank account to see if the amount has been deducted. Perhaps it is possible the order never went through properly?

theraje
July 9th, 2010, 06:11 PM
The payment went through - but the shipping status is stuck at "Pending". I checked it yesterday, and all seems to be in order, except for the fact that my order has apparently not gone out yet. And it's still annoying that they don't respond to e-mails and other contact methods. :/

theraje
July 9th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Well, I finally received an e-mail from the owner literally five minutes ago. Apparently he and his family were out of town due to the holidays, which were extended because of a birthday (which happens to be the same day as my best friend... go figure). He says that my order will go out the door in about an hour.

So, perhaps it was just a case of bad timing on my part - I've always had really bad timing, if I am to believe what everyone tells me. :P