PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike-Condition Zero:-Multiplayer

RajivNair
March 30th, 2006, 01:11 PM
I am a part of a local lan in our housing complex.We play CS-CZ all da time.Everyone here uses Windows except me.Someone everyday hosts an server on which they play.I installed CS-CZ using wine(installing tahoma fonts n mozilla activex n all).The game runs perfectly but only for single player.Im neither able to find any servers nor able to host one.CAn someone guide me solve this problem.

Mikecore
April 1st, 2006, 12:45 AM
I had the same problem with CS 1.5 and wine.

How are you starting CS?

I had to change dirtectory into my CS folder and start the game from that folder.
once I did that I was able to host and play on LAN servers.

Try that.

shinygerbil
April 1st, 2006, 12:57 AM
My Steam doesn't even work unless I change directory first :/

samad909
January 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
I know that this thread is really old, but guess it might help the people who search google in the future,

To play CS-CZ or any other version in a LAN just rename the motd.txt files in the cstrike/czero directories to oldmotd.txt and start the game with wine and wola everything works perfectly ;)

Hope it helps ;)

vinayihegde
June 12th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks a lot... Renaming the motd.txt files to oldmotd.txt helps! I know this thread is really old, but can you explain why this works and how this works?

samad909
October 28th, 2008, 09:35 AM
This work as wine was not able to render the motd.txt file properly. I was using ubuntu a few months back. Need to move back to it soon.

TheShader
October 28th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Hey this is my first message, I've been reading and observing this forum for a long time. So hello to everyone.

The MOTD issue happens because WINE can't render the html with Half-Life 1 engine. If you are trying to join another server, you can prevent your client from rendering the server's WINE-crashing motd.txt.

Create a file called motd_temp.html in cstrike or czero directory and make it read only. If that file already exists, just erase everything in it and make it read only... When you join a server, your client will not be able to download and replace, then show the motd.txt which crashes your WINE and show you an empty window ^^ You can play happily in other players servers now ;)