PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Transparent Panel

sirloganthestud
July 7th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Hey, everybody! I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I'll do it anyway. So pretty much I am trying to make my Gnome Panel transparent. So I right-click the panel, click Properties, go to the Background tab and change the transparency. But rather than the whole panel being transparent, the menu and notification area remain the same. Any help on how to make them transparent as well?

dzon65
July 7th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Yes plenty of this.But,it depends on which theme you're using.You'll have this prob with most themes.You could always try to edit the theme's gtk and png's.Try a clearlooks theme,you won't have that prob.
This is a clearlooks based theme.

moongia
July 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Hey, everybody! I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I'll do it anyway. So pretty much I am trying to make my Gnome Panel transparent. So I right-click the panel, click Properties, go to the Background tab and change the transparency. But rather than the whole panel being transparent, the menu and notification area remain the same. Any help on how to make them transparent as well?

In my ccsm under ''opacity,brightness and saturation adjustments''under ''windows specific settings'' I hit new and added ''name=gnome-panel'' w/o quotes. It worked for me I hope it helps