PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Amarok broken by new Ubuntu upgrade again?

b9k9kiwi
July 7th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Ever since I upgraded to 10.04 LTS Amarok has behaved badly in that a playlisted tracks that were added to my Music folder before the upgrade do not display the track time whilst tracks added after the upgrade do.

Also, new albums added to my Music folders are not added to the Amarok collection panel either by automatic collection scanning or by manual collection update - I have to add a new album through the 'Amarok/play media' menu dialogue.

Odd, though hardly fatal.

I have noticed, however, that Amarok is 'broken' in one way or another each time I upgrade Ubuntu - perhaps, and bearing in mind that Amarok isn't designed for Gnome, the best strategy is to uninstall Amarok prior to an upgrade and then reinstall Amarok after.

b9k9kiwi
July 9th, 2010, 01:32 AM
More or less fixed.

Under 'Tools' menu there is an option 'Update Collection' which I have invoked on a number of occasions to try and fix the problems of track times not being displayed in the playlist and new additions to my Music folder not being added. This had no effect.

Under 'Settings/Configure Amarok, however, in the 'Collection' tab there is an option button to 'Fully Rescan Entire Collection' which, when invoked and on completion, results in the track times being displayed in the playlist and any new additions to the Music folder being added to the collection.

What 'Update Collection' does (or is intended to do) I don't know.