PDA

View Full Version : OS / browser icons on forum postings

john_spiral
July 6th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Hi,

I noticed something cool on the Fedora forums, every post has two small icons, one for the OS another for the browser.

Mouse over on the icons gives slightly more info. I've attached some sample icons.

Thought it would nice to introduce a similar setup on the Ubuntu forums, on an opt in basis.

what are your feelings?

Crunchy the Headcrab
July 6th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Hi,

I noticed something cool on the Fedora forums, every post has two small icons, one for the OS another for the browser.

Mouse over on the icons gives slightly more info. I've attached some sample icons.

Thought it would nice to introduce a similar setup on the Ubuntu forums, on an opt in basis.

what are your feelings?Yeah, I like that about the Fedora Forums. However, I understand the reasons why Canonical might not want to do that.

Bachstelze
July 6th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I like that about the Fedora Forums. However, I understand the reasons why Canonical might not want to do that.

It's not up to Canonical to decide what goes on this forum, it is community-managed.

Stancel
July 6th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I think it is a good idea. I think there should also be a space for what kind of computer you use.