PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Login screen looks old after applying emerald theme

Mr_VeRiTy
July 6th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Hi, I tried applying an emerald theme yesterday, and when I did, it somehow affected the login screen, now it looks old and crappy like win98. I tried disabling emerald and even uninstalling it, but the login screen remains crappy, how do I get it back to the way it was?

I'm using lucid lynx with Gnome.

sisco311
July 6th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Try to cange its theme. Add gnome-appearance-properties to GDM's autostarted applications:

sudo cp /usr/share/applications/gnome-appearance-properties.desktop /usr/share/gdm/autostart/LoginWindow/

Log out.

Select a new theme/wallpaper/font.

Log in and remove gnome-appearance-properties from GDM's autostarted applications:

sudo rm /usr/share/gdm/autostart/LoginWindow/gnome-appearance-properties.desktop

Mr_VeRiTy
July 6th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Try to cange its theme. Add gnome-appearance-properties to GDM's autostarted applications:

sudo cp /usr/share/applications/gnome-appearance-properties.desktop /usr/share/gdm/autostart/LoginWindow/

Log out.

Select a new theme/wallpaper/font.

Log in and remove gnome-appearance-properties to GDM's autostarted applications:

sudo rm /usr/share/gdm/autostart/LoginWindow/gnome-appearance-properties.desktop
That fixed it thanks :)

JoerBrando
April 9th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Worked for me as well! :)

Thank you! :popcorn:

sisco311
April 10th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Worked for me as well! :)

Thank you! :popcorn:

My pleasure.

Welcome to the forums!

JoerBrando
April 17th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Hello and thanks for the warm welcome, :)

I have a new problem now.
Every time i start my computer and comes to the login windows,
the "Theme chooser" is present, and it comes back as soon as i restart my computer.

Any ideas?

Edit: My bad, guess i just hadent removed the autostart function. :)