PDA

View Full Version : I just finished installing 10.04 ... all I can say is AWESOME!

samalex
July 4th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hey Guys,

I finally took the time this week to order a backup USB drive to backup everything on my laptop, and after all my stuff was safe and sound about an hour or so ago I blew away 9.04 and installed 64-bit 10.04.

After the install, updating the OS, then installing the System76 driver deb package, thus far everything is working great! Boot time is about 18 seconds, which isn't bad.

I'm seriously thinking of trying Evolution as opposed to Thunderbird, plus I may check out Empathy though I have to say I really liked Pidgin.

I'm not digging the theme though. The graphics are great, but I like the title bar and menu bar to be separate colors. I'll be changing that soon.

I've also installed Skype and VirtualBox along with all the restrictive codecs for MP3, DVD, etc and also Flash (though it's using the crummy wrapper). I'm now copying all my crap back over from the USB drive which will take a few hours.

But yeah I'm lovin' it thus far.

Sam

NightwishFan
July 4th, 2010, 07:23 AM
I like it a lot. It is a very solid release. I like the theme as it fits with nearly any wallpaper.

55 62 75 6E 74 75 6D 65
July 4th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Yeah,

I have to agree with you, very nice.