PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3 Thread

TheNerdAL
July 4th, 2010, 05:31 AM
So I saw Toy Story 3 today, I know I am a little late, and was wondering what you all thought of it if you seen it.

I think it is a great film, it was sad too. :P

Jay Car
July 4th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I took grandkids to see it a while back. I fell asleep, but the kids loved it...I woke up in time to see the ending tho. :D

McRat
July 4th, 2010, 05:41 AM
So I saw Toy Story 3 today, I know I am a little late, and was wondering what you all thought of it if you seen it.

I think it is a great film, it was sad too. :P

Perhaps best of the three. Huge gains in the people animation, better ray-tracing, without looking "different" than the first 2. Excellent (even if a bit predictable) storyline.

I'm surprised Disney wandered into the whole metrosexual thing with Ken, but it worked very well.

By the end of the film, you feel that you "know" the characters and they are your friends, something that is rare today. Impressive since it's animated. Toy Story has heralded the movement away from human actors towards CGI characters. In some cases, they are better.

JDShu
July 4th, 2010, 05:41 AM
I teared up. While I never had the kind of relationship with my toys that Andy does, the feeling of growing up and not wanting to abandon your childhood hit me deep. Ken was also hilarious.

-humanaut-
July 4th, 2010, 05:42 AM
I was honestly a little disappointed it had such a serious theme vs the other two series It wasn't quite as funny it was accutally sad It was good but I was hoping for some more laughs.

TheNerdAL
July 4th, 2010, 05:43 AM
I teared up. While I never had the kind of relationship with my toys that Andy does, the feeling of growing up and not wanting to abandon your childhood hit me deep. Ken was also hilarious.

I also sorta cried. :P

chessnerd
July 4th, 2010, 05:49 AM
I think it was a great way to end the series.

I went to see the first one when it came to theaters when I was just 4 and a half years old. I also saw the second one when it was in theaters. Finally, my sisters and I went to see this last one together.

And I'm not afraid to admit that I did cry...

Groucho Marxist
July 4th, 2010, 05:50 AM

Micheal "I'm Batman" Keaton as Ken was terrific. So, too, was Timothy Dalton as "serious actor" Mr. Prickle Pants the hedgehog.

There were some terrific easter eggs scattered throughout Toy Story 3; did anyone else catch the A113 sighting on the license plate? (It's a room number reference to director John Lasseter's alma mater that's used in several of his films)

BslBryan
July 4th, 2010, 05:52 AM
I did catch that! And there were a lot of other great subtleties in it as well, you can find many of them on the imdb page for the movie.

I also teared up, all I have to say is that Pixar has done it again. I loved that movie.

This thread has the BslBryan stamp of approval.

Edit: I think it's time for an avatar and user title change.

Nano Geek
July 4th, 2010, 09:24 PM
It was a great movie.
I was pleasently surprised that, despite TS2 being over a decade old, the characters still sounded and acted just like they did then. It's great too that they got all the origional actors (except Slinkey of course).

chriswyatt
July 5th, 2010, 12:30 AM
I've heard really good things about it, though I'm holding a critical approach for now to reduce disappointment, everyone said Avatar was amazing and it turned out to be booooring.

Looking forward to seeing it though :popcorn:

TheNerdAL
July 5th, 2010, 12:47 AM
I've heard really good things about it, though I'm holding a critical approach for now to reduce disappointment, everyone said Avatar was amazing and it turned out to be booooring.

Looking forward to seeing it though :popcorn:

You mean The Last Airbender? :p

McRat
July 5th, 2010, 12:59 AM
You mean The Last Airbender? :p

Hopefully they will keep their promise and it will be the Last Airbender.

Good special effects, but the Japanese cartoon version was more entertaining.

TheNerdAL
July 5th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Hopefully they will keep their promise and it will be the Last Airbender.

Good special effects, but the Japanese cartoon version was more entertaining.

I heard it sucked. The main character isn't even Asian like in the show.

RoeiShafrir
July 5th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Okay, just watched it today and it was really great. I teared up too, since I related to the ending of the movie. The movie was really funny as well-- especially the Spanish part.

orlox
July 5th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Watched it like a week ago, and as seems to be the common denominator here, I also shred some tears. Besides from the whole movie, I particularly liked the homage to Hayao Miyasaki (the totoro stuffed animal).

duanedesign
July 5th, 2010, 03:25 AM
I am not a huge fan of the trend to use famous (big name) actors for animated movies instead of voice actors. Toy Story however was well done. Definitely a thumbs up.

markusf21
July 5th, 2010, 04:32 AM
I am not a huge fan of the trend to use famous (big name) actors for animated movies instead of voice actors. Toy Story however was well done. Definitely a thumbs up.
I just wanted to point out that in Toy Story 1, Tim Allen and Tom Hanks were not big names. I loved the movie, and I cried too.