PDA

View Full Version : Holy Canole, kompozer is awesome!

Legendary_Bibo
July 4th, 2010, 04:26 AM
I've been playing with kompozer all today, and I've finally started to make my website that I plan to host (for my webcomics). Within a day, I've already made a website that's cooler looking than the newspaper staff at my highschool did with dreamweaver. Although granted, I've got a fully loaded GIMP, and a pen table. The staff was stuck with MS paint, google images, and the school's pirated copy of dreamweaver. I don't even bother looking at the HTML, it's all just jibberish to me. :D

I just have to mess around with the design a bit more, and then work on it's moving parts, which doesn't seem too hard, but it looks like I'll have to make several pages which shouldn't be too hard.

One question though for people who've made websites frequently, glossy rounded buttons and stuff, yay or nay?

Sand & Mercury
July 4th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Yay or nay really just depends on whether you think it's appropriate or not. It's a good look for smart, corporate sites. For warmer or more artistic stuff, you're better off going with softer gradients.

Kompozer is great, I used it a lot when I first started taking web design seriously, but these days I'd rather use Aptana Studio to write the sites by hand.