PDA

View Full Version : development suggestion

tracey2109
July 3rd, 2010, 09:44 PM
hi, i'm tracey and fairly new to both the forums and ubuntu!

i have an idea for development, although sadly not the skills to do anything with it, and i was wondering if this is the right part of the forum to post it in as i would like opinions on it and to see if anyone would want to go forward with it.

thanks very much
:)

NMFTM
July 3rd, 2010, 10:20 PM
Developing what?

tracey2109
July 3rd, 2010, 10:52 PM
sorry, i should have said more about what program it was for, but didn't want to clog up this forum if i was in the wrong place!

my idea is for the ubuntu software centre. as a recent convert i find it wonderful having access to so many programs so easily. however there are quite a lot of programs in the centre and it would be nice to have the option of 'hiding' programs. this would also be very useful for programs that you have tried but aren't quite your cup of tea. if they could just 'move' to a listing of hidden programs similar to that for the installed ones then if you decided you wanted one after all it would be very easy to find it.

does anyone have any thoughts on this? please say if i have been unclear as my description did turn a bit waffly though the idea is very clear in my mind!

:)

nerdy_kid
July 3rd, 2010, 10:59 PM
hi and welcome :)

that sounds like a brainstorm idea, head and over to http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ and submit it!