PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Can Bee Dangerous...

Sporkman
July 3rd, 2010, 07:42 PM
About 100 people were stung by bees at the Alameda County Fair in Pleasanton on Friday night when the popular fireworks display apparently disturbed a hive and sent a swarm into the grandstands, according to the county fire department...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/07/03/BAR71E98QS.DTL

lisati
July 3rd, 2010, 07:45 PM
For a moment after I looked after the thread title I wondered what wasp going on..... :)

BenAshton24
July 3rd, 2010, 07:51 PM
For a moment after I looked after the thread title I wondered what wasp going on..... :)

Those fireworks created quite a buzzz.

Sporkman
July 3rd, 2010, 07:53 PM

Hive made the same mistake.

Nick_Jinn
July 3rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
The safest way to use fireworks is to make them yourself. That way you can be sure they are good quality and wont blow up in your face due to old explosives decomposing and becoming unstable.

jk, somewhat.

We used to make our own fireworks and set them off in the wash. It was dangerous, but we loved watching the cops come out...We were a lot younger then.

NMFTM
July 3rd, 2010, 10:31 PM
We used to make our own fireworks and set them off in the wash. It was dangerous, but we loved watching the cops come out...We were a lot younger then.
The wash?

(also, nice avatar)

McRat
July 3rd, 2010, 10:42 PM
"Special Guest Appearance By Sting!"

Sporkman
July 3rd, 2010, 10:56 PM
"Special Guest Appearance By Sting!"

:lol:

dragos240
July 3rd, 2010, 11:01 PM
Enough of the punny bee jokes guys.

hze
July 3rd, 2010, 11:03 PM
First time for everything!!

McRat
July 3rd, 2010, 11:07 PM
I do find it interesting that to commemorate the thousands of American Colonial Soldiers who risked and often gave their lives fighting for freedom, most of us in America choose to outlaw fireworks as being "too dangerous" and work very hard to strip away that freedom from our neighbors. Go figure.

Once a year, there is nothing wrong with blowing off a finger or two. That's why you are given ten of them...

Sporkman
July 3rd, 2010, 11:22 PM
I do find it interesting that to commemorate the thousands of American Colonial Soldiers who risked and often gave their lives fighting for freedom, most of us in America choose to outlaw fireworks as being "too dangerous" and work very hard to strip away that freedom from our neighbors. Go figure.

Once a year, there is nothing wrong with blowing off a finger or two. That's why you are given ten of them...

Durn straight! Besides, emergency fire & medical workers don't really need the day off anyways. :P

v1ad
July 3rd, 2010, 11:28 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAA

plus that was wasps not bees.

Random_Dude
July 4th, 2010, 12:05 AM
http://nedroid.com/comics/2010-07-03-beartato-fireworksPSA.png

dragos240
July 4th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Lolwut?

Half-Left
July 4th, 2010, 12:16 AM

Now I know why you're a Forum Staff Member. ;)

SoFl W
July 4th, 2010, 12:21 AM
<Carton removed>

I know someone who had that happen to them, she wasn't a bird but she was going to toss it and it exploded near her mouth. I was worried until she exhaled and smoke came out her mouth, then I couldn't stop laughing. "IT'S NOT FUNNY" only made it more funny.

oldos2er
July 4th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Hornet you glad you weren't there?

dragos240
July 4th, 2010, 12:28 AM
No. HAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Sporkman
July 4th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Hornet you glad you weren't there?

:lol: Nice!

Nano Geek
July 4th, 2010, 01:42 AM

Once a year, there is nothing wrong with blowing off a finger or two. That's why you are given ten of them...You really want your drunk neighbors shooting off fireworks at your house? :)
As far as I know, you just have to go out into the country to shoot them off.

McRat
July 4th, 2010, 02:48 AM
You really want your drunk neighbors shooting off fireworks at your house? :)
As far as I know, you just have to go out into the country to shoot them off.

I've got fire insurance, and I'm not afraid to use it! :p

Groucho Marxist
July 4th, 2010, 05:42 AM

And how; bodily mutilations... It's what the Founding Fathers would have wanted.

Regarding dangerous bees? I could drone on about that forever...

yester64
July 4th, 2010, 07:41 AM
The safest way to use fireworks is to make them yourself. That way you can be sure they are good quality and wont blow up in your face due to old explosives decomposing and becoming unstable.

jk, somewhat.

Can not agree with that.
A lot of people loose their fingers or worst, because they think that they know how to handle fireworks.
Especially on holidays with a lot of beer.
In my country its legal to use fireworks, here its illegal. And i think its justified.