View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is it possible to download additional "custom" folders from Hotmail in Evolution?

July 2nd, 2010, 09:32 PM
Hi guys. I've just started using Ubuntu and I've just set up Evolution to download my hotmail. My hotmail is set up to automatically put certain emails into certain folders that I have created. For example, any email that contains the word 'receipt' is automatically moved to a folder I have created called 'Receipts', and I move all my important emails to a folder called 'Important'. This is done at the server end, not by my Windows Live Mail application. It seems Evolution only downloads emails that are in the default folders, like 'Inbox'. Are there any addons for Evolution that will allow me to view the emails that are stored in my custom folders? Or is there anything I can do to achieve this? If not, are there any other email clients that can do this? Thanks in advance for any help.

July 2nd, 2010, 09:35 PM
are you using pop server in evolution? have you tried imap?

July 4th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Yes, I'm using POP3, will IMAP do what I'm asking for? Do you know the IMAP settings for Hotmail? I can't find them anywhere.

July 4th, 2010, 05:32 PM
well just add a new account, fill in your hotmail mail and choose imap, evolution automatically fills in all the server details.

July 4th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Just tried that. It wont connect to the server unless I select POP3 though.

July 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM
sorry, I been reading about hotmail now, hotmail doesn't support imap yet.

April 20th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Any solution ? ?

April 20th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Export your mail to Gmail - the offer good tools for exporting from Hotmail, and they also have Imap support. Leave Hotmail and forward Hotmails from senders who haven't noticed your migration to your Gmail account with POP3.