PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] reliance broadband not connecting in ubuntu 10.04

tanixmukherzee
July 2nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
i earlier used bsnl broadband(indian) in ubuntu and configure it using pppoeconf. right now i shifted to reliance broadband(not usb modem) but now pppoeconf cannot detect the connection
It shows something like " Sorry I scanned two interfaces but the access concentrator of ur provider did not respond.plz chck ur ntwrk and modem cables. anoder reason fir the scan failure may be anoder running pppoe process which controls the modem

Iowan
July 2nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
From Code of Conduct:

Please use color and font properties for highlighting portions of your text, and not for all of the text in your post.

:D

dineshs
July 2nd, 2010, 04:52 PM
I hope you have a DSL modem connected via ethernet.Am I right?

" Sorry I scanned two interfaces but the access concentrator of ur provider did not respond.plz chck ur ntwrk and modem cables. anoder reason fir the scan failure may be anoder running pppoe process which controls the modem
If the broadband modem is configured in PPPoE mode(also called `always on' mode where the username and password are stored in the modem)you need not configure the connection using the DSL tab in NM or try pppoeconf command.You can directly use web browser.If you try pppoeconf in this case you may get such an error.Please ping an open DNS such as 4.2.2.1 and post the result

ping 4.2.2.1 -c3
pl also post the output of

ifconfig -a