PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Graphics not working on startup

dstrout
July 2nd, 2010, 06:34 AM
I recently installed Ubuntu 9.04 through WUBI, but when the installation finished and I went to turn the computer on to Ubuntu, I could not get graphics working. It would appear that the resolution has been set super-high somehow, because a message will pop up saying that I don't have enough video memory to run at the resolution I'm trying. I have tried xfix in recovery mode, but that didn't help. Any other ideas?

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I'm using a very old monitor.

Greggi
July 2nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
It's better to take not WUBI.
Create an new Partition and make an Dual-boot System (with the new Ubuntu and your another OS).
I had WUBI too, its bad^^

dstrout
July 6th, 2010, 02:09 AM
I would do that, but there seems to be no way to tell Ubuntu "OK, install on this partition here". It just tries to re-partition in a way that I don't understand. And when I try manual, it says it can't find some root partition, or some junk like that. Besides, the point is getting this installation to work, not making another installation. Anyway, this seems to be a problem most times I've ever tried 9.04 with old monitors, so I'm afraid a new installation wouldn't make a difference anyway.