PDA

View Full Version : I am so happy

KiwiNZ
July 2nd, 2010, 03:18 AM
I have just finished a Physio session and wait for it.....

For the first time in an eternity I walked unaided ,no chair , no crutches , no sticks, no calipers no splints only the physiotherapist hanging around anxiously saying don't do it.

Not far , about 20 feet , but I did it.

See that tunnel end , I am going for it

NightwishFan
July 2nd, 2010, 03:31 AM
Thats great stuff. You will walk again. A stern will is what is required, and I know you have this.

smellyman
July 2nd, 2010, 03:37 AM
whoohooo...:guitar:

nice work and good luck

witeshark17
July 2nd, 2010, 03:44 AM
That's awesome! Now you've likely crossed the toughest milestone! :KS

KiwiNZ
July 2nd, 2010, 03:45 AM
My goal is this

http://www.cyclechallenge.com/

And I wish to return to this as a volunteer

http://www.coastguard.co.nz/

But along the way I have little goals, each one gets me there.

NightwishFan
July 2nd, 2010, 03:47 AM
It takes one step to start a journey. Those are some admirable goals, something most folks take for granted.

deanhopkins
July 2nd, 2010, 03:49 AM
I dont even know you in the slightest, but that is great news for you! Keep it up mate, im sure you will complete your aspirations.

People like you are a real inspiration, and I can only feel I would not have half of the courage that you have in acheiving your goals! Keep going, and dont let ANYONE say you cant do it!

Peace.

Lightstar
July 2nd, 2010, 03:51 AM
Awesome! yay you!

Timmer1240
July 2nd, 2010, 03:53 AM
Wish you the best for the future keep on keepin on!You can do it!

sailthesea
July 2nd, 2010, 03:54 AM
:D:DGo For It!!

CharlesA
July 2nd, 2010, 03:57 AM
Awesome. :D

RiceMonster
July 2nd, 2010, 04:01 AM
Keep up the hard work and determination, Kiwi. You can do it if you keep at it.

Legendary_Bibo
July 2nd, 2010, 04:02 AM
The longest journey begins with a single step ;)

Great job!

I've heard you mention that you're wheelchair bound on other posts, but if you don't mind me asking what happened?

steveneddy
July 2nd, 2010, 04:17 AM
FANTASTIC!

Keep up the great work. I know it is hard but you are making great strides!

I'm here for ya bro!

sudoer541
July 2nd, 2010, 04:52 AM

For the first time in an eternity I walked unaided ,no chair , no crutches , no sticks, no calipers no splints only the physiotherapist hanging around anxiously saying don't do it.

Thats great! One step at a time.=D>
Have faith, and with your faith you will be able to move mountains!
All the best!!!

PS: we all love you! ):P:KS

gutterslob
July 2nd, 2010, 05:18 AM
That's great news.
Take it slow. Sometimes there's latency between body and mind, but your spirit will make up for that.

Congrats and best of luck. :)

kaldor
July 2nd, 2010, 06:00 AM
That's great. Stories like these always make think about how lucky we are to have what we do.

You can do it. You've got the determination. The mind is more powerful than your body.

proggy
July 2nd, 2010, 06:16 AM
You seem like a go- getter and someone that does` nt give up easily congrats!

Windows Nerd
July 2nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
I've heard you mention that you're wheelchair bound on other posts, but if you don't mind me asking what happened?

I was wondering the same thing, but if you wish not to tell us that is fine too.

Xianath
July 2nd, 2010, 07:14 AM
Congratulations! Wish you a speedy recovery! People like you remind me there's a lot of good left in humanity still. You serve as an example to all those who say they can't even before they've tried.

chessnerd
July 2nd, 2010, 07:16 AM
That made me smile. :)

I wish you all the best. God bless.

LMP900
July 2nd, 2010, 07:17 AM
Happy to read this. Good luck, you can do it :)

CJ Master
July 2nd, 2010, 07:29 AM
This is great news! You'll be up and at 'em in no time at this pace.

I'm also curious on what got you in the wheelchair, but if you're sensitive about it then no biggie.

Good luck for the future.

KiwiNZ
July 2nd, 2010, 07:34 AM
I was wondering the same thing, but if you wish not to tell us that is fine too.

If you recall the Boxing Day Tsunami ,I went over as a Volunteer Rescue worker, during that time I picked up something nasty that attacked my Central Nervous System and Spine. It Damaged not only the Spinal Cord but the Bones and Cartilage in the Cervical Spine ( neck ) down to the base of the spine.
It also affected my Heart , Kidneys and Arms .

amitabhishek
July 2nd, 2010, 08:11 AM
I am inspired by your spirit. You have done a supreme sacrifice and its heartening to know that you are recovering. Equal credit to your family for the support and encouragement. I salute all of you.:p

FuturePilot
July 2nd, 2010, 08:17 AM
Awesome! Congratulations and good luck! :guitar:
Truly inspirational.

earthpigg
July 2nd, 2010, 08:22 AM
that's great, congratulations!

julio_cortez
July 2nd, 2010, 08:28 AM
I didn't know about your story (I've been here just for too short I guess) but I'm really happy to hear you're recovering.

Don't stop, you're almost there.. My best wishes!! :D

magmon
July 2nd, 2010, 09:43 AM

May I ask how you lost the ability? Simple curiosity lol.

Edit- Scrolled up and read the explanation lol.

That is fantastic news, though. Keep at it! Build up your leg muscles some =P.

fatality_uk
July 2nd, 2010, 10:02 AM

Stick with it mate. I think I can say we are all rooting for you!!!

beercz
July 2nd, 2010, 10:45 AM

Wow!!

KiwiNZ you have uplifted my day! Makes all my problems seem relatively insignificant.

Even though I don't know you, I am really pleased that you made it this far.

I wish you luck and keep going!! I'm sure you will achieve your goal!

Please keep us all informed of your progress, I'm sure there will be a lot of people supporting and encouraging you.

philinux
July 2nd, 2010, 11:13 AM

Very well done that man!

The Real Dave
July 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
That is Awesome KiwiNZ! :D Well Done Mate!!! :D :D

Eldera
July 2nd, 2010, 12:20 PM
What an important milestone!!! Congratulations and keep up the good work. We are all happy for you.

XubuRoxMySox
July 2nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Yaaaaay! One day, one step at a time... setbacks are just ordinary inconveniences to be expected and dealt with, one at a time, next step, next step.

That's so cool, KiwiNZ! I'm watching a friend go through something similar, learning to speak and walk all over again, and it's just amazing and wonderful to see her courage and tenacity. I'm sure you inspire those around you in the same way.

Admiringly,
Robin

neoargon
July 2nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Great . Really great . And ofcourse best wishes .

nothingspecial
July 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
Keep at it. You are an inspiration.

:D

pricetech
July 2nd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Fantastic !!!!!

At risk of being censored / edited / whatever; Me and mine will be in prayer for your continued recovery.

We wish you the best.

Joe, DiAnna, and family.

Crunchy the Headcrab
July 2nd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Awesome! Congratulations brother.

sydbat
July 2nd, 2010, 04:53 PM
Very cool!! I guess our prayers* really have helped!!

*Prayers meaning everything from sending good vibes to actual prayers to whatever deity people believe in.

cgroza
July 2nd, 2010, 04:56 PM
Nice job... Soon you will be ready to race at thee Olimpic Games!

Windows Nerd
July 3rd, 2010, 09:17 PM
If you recall the Boxing Day Tsunami ,I went over as a Volunteer Rescue worker, during that time I picked up something nasty that attacked my Central Nervous System and Spine. It Damaged not only the Spinal Cord but the Bones and Cartilage in the Cervical Spine ( neck ) down to the base of the spine.
It also affected my Heart , Kidneys and Arms .
I do recall the Boxing Day Tsunami. Sounds indeed like some really nasty stuff. Impressive courage and persistence to be able to walk again after that!