PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nvidia Driver Update Problem

Matchu287
July 2nd, 2010, 03:16 AM
So I did the auto download and installation for the Nvidia driver. Now, when I boot my computer, right after bios is done loading it says the resolution or refresh rate is to high for my monitor. I've tried 3 different monitors now. Including a CRT (because my LCD screens only support 60Hz refresh rate) and it still wouldn't work. CRTs are heavy too. :( So is there any way to fix this problem?

BTW I also tried booting from the Ubuntu installation cd i made. (just installed 10.04 today) I still got the same error after bios finished its thing.

EDIT: Also wanted to note that i used the recomended driver to install.

Matchu287
July 2nd, 2010, 11:11 PM
Anyone have any idea? I was thinking maybe I could hook the hard drive up to a different computer running a different install of Ubuntu and edit a config file or something to lower the resolution. But I'm not sure where to find the config file. I searched around, but didn't see anything. If someone could just tell me where the config file for the driver is or if it's even possible I'd greatly appreciate it.

Once again I used the hardware detection for Nvidia. I had 3 choices to choose from and I chose the bottom one that said it was recommended. I'm not sure exactly what the driver number was but it was installed yesterday night. As for the card itself, I think its a 7200. I can find out for sure if needed.

Thanks!