PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] lots of updates lately

cetacean
July 2nd, 2010, 01:44 AM
seems like there have been a monstrous number of updates every day for the last week or so.

is this all legitimate? is there a flurry of improvement activity being spawned?

as a long-time Windows user I tend to update religiously, is all this stuff actually worthwhile?

thanks !

Darkness Des
July 2nd, 2010, 01:46 AM
Any updates given through the update manager are legitimate (unless you have third-party sources, we can't guarantee the safety of those) and usually these fix whatever problem I'm having at the moment. So hang tight, soon the mass flurry of updates will end.

cgroza
July 2nd, 2010, 01:47 AM
The more bugs fixed, the more updates. Thats a good thing for people with fast net!

-humanaut-
July 2nd, 2010, 01:47 AM
I really haven't noticed anything extreme lately and I have backports,proposed,chromium-daily, and Xswat all in my regular updates I tend to be wary of Kernel upgrades since mine works fine though.

warfacegod
July 2nd, 2010, 02:17 AM
I really haven't noticed anything extreme lately and I have backports,proposed,chromium-daily, and Xswat all in my regular updates I tend to be wary of Kernel upgrades since mine works fine though.

Why be wary of them? If they don't work, you always have the option of booting into an older one.

k3lt01
July 2nd, 2010, 03:51 AM
Cetacean, even though you update religiously you can make it update at different intervals. I do mine once a week and so far everything seems normal.

Th only thing I can think of that would increase the update activity is that 10.04.1 will be released soon (if it hasn't already, I think it was supposed to be July 29) and that will cover many bug fixes.