PDA

View Full Version : I think I like having a mouse better than touch screen

Nick_Jinn
July 2nd, 2010, 01:35 AM
Once the initial novelty wore off I realized that I actually prefer using a mouse. Its easier to have my hand resting on the table than to touch the screen constantly, unless its a phone with small space.

Now there are some cool things about touch TABLETS, or touch laptops that fold into tablets but retain the ability to use a mouse, like you can use multitouch and play musical instruments. Thats awesome. But if it cant fold into a tablet, I dont think I would pay any extra money for touch. Also, I dont care for tablets unless they have a keyboard, so the only ones I really like are the laptops that have the keyboards that fold under.

Nano Geek
July 2nd, 2010, 03:47 AM
I wouldn't want a desktop or laptop with a touchscreen, but if the interface is designed for touch (aka. iOS and Android) it isn't so bad.

WinterMadness
July 2nd, 2010, 04:09 AM
i prefer touch screen in principle. a mouse is more useful in current times though

oknevets
July 2nd, 2010, 04:30 AM
yeah touch screen is a lot cooler, but the mouse is really what we're used to. i'd have a mouse for a desktop maybe even on a laptop, but maybe touchscreen for gadgets like the ipad is a good function. it offers a lot more portability, and you can use it just about anywhere. you don't need a table for it anymore, but i hate that sometimes the touchscreen on gadgets do not respond well.
personally, the only good touchscreens i've experience are from apple