PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution / Outlook

rconnect
July 1st, 2010, 11:06 PM
Hi,

The emails I send from my ubuntu laptop using evolution are always tagged as spam in outlook, is there a way to fix this?

thanks

sgosnell
July 1st, 2010, 11:20 PM
Tell Lookout that they're not spam. That's the easiest way that I know of. Something must be tripping the spam filter in Lookout, though. Are you sending to a distribution list or something?

rconnect
July 2nd, 2010, 12:17 AM
Tell Lookout that they're not spam. That's the easiest way that I know of. Something must be tripping the spam filter in Lookout, though. Are you sending to a distribution list or something?

No, just standard email, it has been more than one "domain" that has told me my emails go to spam, I am using ubuntu 10.04 with evolution 2.28.3

Dont want people to say that only happens because its sending from a Linux system :)

sgosnell
July 2nd, 2010, 01:11 AM
It's not because it's from a Linux system. Something has to be tripping the spam filters, and that should not be influenced by the OS or the app running on the OS. It may be your ISP or email provider. Some ISPs have so many spammers that many domains block everyone on them. What email/ISP provider are you using? Hotmail is notorious for being blocked, along with others.

rconnect
July 2nd, 2010, 10:17 AM
It's not because it's from a Linux system. Something has to be tripping the spam filters, and that should not be influenced by the OS or the app running on the OS. It may be your ISP or email provider. Some ISPs have so many spammers that many domains block everyone on them. What email/ISP provider are you using? Hotmail is notorious for being blocked, along with others.

thanks for your help

Greggi
July 2nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Take an Email domain like gmx^^