PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cannot recorde sound on a youtube video

noworldorder
July 1st, 2010, 08:31 PM
Ubuntu 10.04

I tried recording a youtube video from my computer. The video works five but there is no sound.

Any ideas??

Kimm
July 1st, 2010, 09:46 PM
Not sure what you mean here, was there no sound at all, or only after you uploaded it to youtube?

If there is no sound at all your microphone is probably muted, so I suggest going to Sound Preferences and having a look in the Input tab (where you can select input device, and configure input volume).

If there is no sound only after uploading to youtube, it's a codec issue, so you'll have to either record in a different format, or convert the file in an application such as avidemux.

noworldorder
July 1st, 2010, 11:45 PM
Hi

to clarify there is no sound prior to uploading. I have the same issue with a sound recording program. I checked in sound preferences and the mic is not muted. Thanks - chris

Kimm
July 2nd, 2010, 11:11 AM
Then hopefully its just muted in alsa, open a terminal and type:

alsamixer

Then press F4 to modify settings for capture devices and check if any of the channels are muted (indicated by "MM" at the bottom), unmute by pressing the m-key while that device is selected.

If this doesn't help, it might be a driver issue and thats slightly beyond me, so I'd suggest asking in a different forum