PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.04 ATI Xpress 200m

Jinseru
July 1st, 2010, 05:58 PM
Hey everyone, I have been up all night trying to figure out what could possibly be going wrong with my setup and have come up with nothing. I have installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu 10.04 and find that when I enable Desktop Effects of any kind (normal or advanced) the computer begins to lag so badly I can not perform any tasks normally. I don't understand why something like this would happen, as I naturally assumed if there was to be any issues with the Desktop Effects it would simply be that I could not enable them. On Ubuntu 9.10 I could run everything including the 3D desktop cube just fine immediately after install as 9.10 automatically installed the correct driver for my laptop. Perhaps I can revert to the old driver from 9.10 and solve the issue? Not too sure seeing as I am a semi-novice user of Ubuntu and do not fully understand the setup and commands of Ubuntu. If anyone has any help I would greatly appreciate it seeing as I have searched and searched and have come up with nothing to fix or tell me I can not fix the problem.

Thank you in advance