PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wired and wireless not working from Live CD

heus33
July 1st, 2010, 05:28 PM
Running 10.4 only on this desktop. Did some upgrades this morning and now it only boots to the grub> prompt. So I went into the Live CD and am trying to reinstall/update grub from the terminal in the live cd however I can't get an internet connection. My DLink G122 isn't recognized (no lights) so I tried hardwiring the ethernet and eth0 is there but it fails to connect. I installed the Broadcom driver but now when I click on Hardware Drivers I only see a display driver listed. Please help.

Tom

heus33
July 1st, 2010, 09:59 PM
Ok- been searching and trying other things for awhile now. Still unable to get online via LiveCD so I'm back at the Minimal Bash screen with the grub> prompt.

Been following this tutorial: http://members.iinet.net.au/~herman546/p15.html#cli but both "kernel" and "find" return error: unknown command 'kernel' . or error: unknown command 'find' .

So I've determined that there is something wrong with my kernel and grub won't load but I can't get online in the live cd to fix it and the online instructions aren't helping either - any other suggestions?