PDA

View Full Version : So with Moonlight 3.0 (netflix)

cptrohn
July 1st, 2010, 04:38 AM
The only thing standing in the way of being able to stream netflix with linux now is that netflix won't give any of the DRM plug-ins to devolopers to be able to do it? This is what I read on Moonlights website...

Netflix needs to get with the program.... LOL

kmsalex
July 1st, 2010, 05:54 AM
this is the offical netfilx facebook page, i made a new topic about streaming on linux. please go there and atleast say that this bothers you, maby we can show netfix that were not going to wait any longer!

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=15043&uid=6275848869

Tech2077
July 1st, 2010, 07:00 AM
I hope this gets a lot of activity, people should put this in their sigs.

Shakz
July 1st, 2010, 03:07 PM
I hate to be the guy to say "this thread again" but.....this again eh? It really is ashame as I know you OP. You loaded ubuntu...you love it...you love it so much you nuked windows and your proud of yourself for doing it. You went to netflix and saw it didnt work. You searched...just KNOWING that there was some sort of work around. You found out there is not and now your pissed.

Bout right?

jrusso2
July 1st, 2010, 03:46 PM
The only thing standing in the way of being able to stream netflix with linux now is that netflix won't give any of the DRM plug-ins to devolopers to be able to do it? This is what I read on Moonlights website...

Netflix needs to get with the program.... LOL

No linux does. Its the movie companies that require the DRM.

betrunkenaffe
July 1st, 2010, 05:09 PM
Still fine without it.

cptrohn
August 8th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I hate to be the guy to say "this thread again" but.....this again eh? It really is ashame as I know you OP. You loaded ubuntu...you love it...you love it so much you nuked windows and your proud of yourself for doing it. You went to netflix and saw it didnt work. You searched...just KNOWING that there was some sort of work around. You found out there is not and now your pissed.

Bout right?
No actually you couldn't be more wrong...... I DO stream netflix just fine through my Wii console.... so it's not an issue of "I can't get it and I am pissed" I am actually more a person that likes to know how and why things work on my computer... which is why I am extremely happy with linux...Juwst thought I would ask since it ws my understanding that Moonlight was the only reason why so I thought I would ask why here....

Ctrl-Alt-F1
August 9th, 2010, 12:20 AM
this is the offical netfilx facebook page, i made a new topic about streaming on linux. please go there and atleast say that this bothers you, maby we can show netfix that were not going to wait any longer!

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=15043&uid=6275848869

Isn't that exactly what you ARE doing? (waiting longer)

kmsalex
August 10th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Isn't that exactly what you ARE doing? (waiting longer)

well, in my case basically. i just use xp in a vm. but alot of people canceled there subscription over this issue. and it does up set me just not enoghf to cancel it. i was trying to relay other people basically...

mamamia88
August 10th, 2010, 04:32 AM
i really could care less since i own 2 gaming consoles that will play it on tv for me. but yeah kind of sucks how they have the tech to do it but won't