PDA

View Full Version : BluRay Incompatibility problems

samalex
June 30th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Hi All,

Off topic for Linux, but as tech oriented as this group is I figured someone might have some info on this. We have a new Sony BDP-N460 Blu-ray Player, well it's about 3 weeks old, and until last night we've had no problems with any discs we've tried. Then yesterday bought The Lightning Thief on BluRay, which was released yesterday from 20th Century Fox, and it wouldn't play.

The player is hard-wired into my home network and has the latest firmware updates, so unless Fox changed their DRM or codec somehow and Sony just hasn't caught-up I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Any suggestions? Or anyone else ran into this?

Thanks -

Sam

sydbat
June 30th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Hi All,

Off topic for Linux, but as tech oriented as this group is I figured someone might have some info on this. We have a new Sony BDP-N460 Blu-ray Player, well it's about 3 weeks old, and until last night we've had no problems with any discs we've tried. Then yesterday bought The Lightning Thief on BluRay, which was released yesterday from 20th Century Fox, and it wouldn't play.

The player is hard-wired into my home network and has the latest firmware updates, so unless Fox changed their DRM or codec somehow and Sony just hasn't caught-up I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Any suggestions? Or anyone else ran into this?

Thanks -

SamThis is the reason I will never buy Blu-Ray.

Yes, it is because the new "firmware update" is not out yet. And do not be too surprised when it does come out and you are able to play your new movie, but not your old ones. Has happened before.