PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update manager thinks by itself

Sylelfa
June 30th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I had Ubuntu 6.06LTS and update to 8.04. I remove some packages that i don't need (in example, bluetooth and assistance) and installed some others I like (as last openoffice and thunderbird). Well, I always do that in Debian and it worked fine. But now, in Ubuntu, I don't why, it works untill I have to update. Then, update manager decides by itself to install packages I don't want have and remove packages I do want. It's extremely annoying. After every update untill Lucid Lynx, I will have to do everything over and over? Aaargggh!!!!
I would like to know if there's some way to fix it.

Regards
Thanks in advance!

stlsaint
June 30th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Sounds as if you are not correctly removing these packages your wanting gone. Best practice would be to purge that particular package via terminal or use the Complete removal option via synaptic package manager.

Terminal:

sudo aptitude purge firefox

Package Manager:
Right click package->Complete removal

Sylelfa
June 30th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I usually do Complete removal in Synaptic. Then I erase configuration files. But in the next upgrade is the same. I will try it via console. I don't know if it will work...

Thanks anyway

Sylelfa
July 1st, 2010, 03:35 PM
Nop, via command line doesn't work. Is the same problem. Anyway, I will look for a solution in documentation. May be I find something.

Thanks anyway