PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ffmpeg question

Amy_1990
June 30th, 2010, 07:10 AM
I am using ubuntu 10.04lts Searching on google i found a way to turn youtube video's into mp3's .ogg avi and mpeg using ffmpeg so i installed it using FakeOutdoorsman guide but i don't know how to convert them.Can someone help me.
Please thank you

claracc
June 30th, 2010, 07:54 AM
This link can help you: http://www.catonmat.net/blog/converting-youtube-flvs-to-a-better-format-with-ffmpeg/

nothingspecial
June 30th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Open gedit (the text editor in the accessories menu) and copy and paste this

#convert flv to mp4
for f in *.flv
do
ffmpeg -i "$f" -acodec libfaac -ab 128kb -vcodec mpeg4 -b 1200kb -mbd 2 \
-flags +4mv -trellis 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -s 320x180 -metadata title="${f%.flv}.mp4" \
"${f%.flv}.mp4"

done;Save it as flv2mp4.sh in your home directory
In a terminal type
chmod +x flv2mp4.shDownload loads of youtube videos to your home directory
type ./flv2mp4.sh
Go make a cup of coffee, drink it, then come back and all the youtube videos will have an mp4 version too.

Detonate
June 30th, 2010, 01:09 PM
There is a GUI frontend for ffmpeg named winff. It does not offer all of the features of ffmpeg but it should be able to do a simple conversion. Also see man ffmpeg.

Amy_1990
June 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Thank you all

I installed winff looks cool but it gives some kind of error.I was converting from flv to mp3.I haven't done a flv to avi using winff yet i am going to try the command line next then i will post the errors if that doesn't work or i get mix up.

Amy_1990
June 30th, 2010, 07:42 PM
The command line didn't work and winff is giving this error even after i installed a new ffmpeg using FakeOutdoorsman guide

NULL @ 0x9ea5830] [Eval @ 0xbfb96aec] Invalid chars 'b' at the end of expression '160kb'
[NULL @ 0x9ea5830] Unable to parse option value "160kb"

Here is the terminal output when i type ffmpeg just in case it is needed

FFmpeg version SVN-r23904, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
built on Jun 30 2010 14:16:45 with gcc 4.4.1
configuration: --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libx264 --enable-postproc --enable-libxvid --enable-libfaac --enable-pthreads --enable-libvorbis --enable-vdpau --enable-gpl --enable-libgsm --enable-libspeex --enable-libvpx --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libdirac --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libnut --enable-zlib --enable-bzlib --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-x11grab --enable-swscale
libavutil 50.19. 0 / 50.19. 0
libavcodec 52.78. 0 / 52.78. 0
libavformat 52.71. 0 / 52.71. 0
libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
libavfilter 1.20. 1 / 1.20. 1
libswscale 0.11. 0 / 0.11. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder

I don't know what else to try any idea's anybody?
I like the winff it seems to be just what i was looking for to start with if i could get it working.

FakeOutdoorsman
June 30th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Did you compile FFmpeg or did you install it from the Ubuntu repository? The default WinFF presets are outdated when using a compiled FFmpeg. You can either update the presets or use an older FFmpeg.

To update your presets open a Terminal and enter:

cp /usr/share/winff/presets-libavcodec52-v5.xml ~/.winff/presets.xml
Or you can open your file browser (called Nautilus I think), show all directories with ctrl + h, and use the file browser to move the file. Now open presets.xml with Applications > Accessories > gedit Text Editor. It will be in the .winff directory in your home folder. Alternatively, if you prefer command-line you can open a Terminal and enter:

gedit ~/.winff/presets.xml

In gedit replace "kb " with "k " (notice the space). Save and now WinFF should probably work. There may be some more recent WinFF presets at the WinFF site but I'm not sure.

If you prefer to use the older FFmpeg from the Ubuntu repository instead of updating the WinFF presets see:
HOWTO: Easily enable MP3, MPEG4, AAC, and other restricted encoding in FFmpeg (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1117283)

nothingspecial
June 30th, 2010, 08:29 PM
The command line should have worked. You seem to have everything necessary compiled in.

That said, I will leave you now `cause you`ve got the master himself helping.

Cheers.

FakeOutdoorsman
June 30th, 2010, 09:39 PM
That said, I will leave you now `cause you`ve got the master himself helping.

Thanks, but I'm still learning!

Amy_1990
June 30th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Thank you all very much

FakeOutdoorsman i used your guide to compile and install ffmpeg thank you for that I don't think i would have got this far without it.Now when i replace the kb with k is that for all of them because i am just trying to turn a you tube into a avi or mpeg but i like the fact that i could turn one into mp3 format that would be a very nice feature.After i did a google search and found that ffmpeg would do all this stuff so the avi,mpeg and mp3 are what i would like to be able to convert.Once again thank you i can see why ubuntu is the #1 linux distribution

FakeOutdoorsman
July 1st, 2010, 12:05 AM
...Now when i replace the kb with k is that for all of them...

Yes, replace all instances of "kb " with "k ", because your version of FFmpeg does not accept any command or preset that uses kb.

Amy_1990
July 1st, 2010, 01:05 AM
Thank you

I am starting right now i will post the results back as soon as i test it out.

Amy_1990
July 1st, 2010, 04:52 AM
ok changing the kb to k and it worked but i also had to take the v out of 4mv so i did that and it fixed the flv to avi and now when i convert to ipod i get this error.

[libx264 @ 0xa1ba130] broken ffmpeg default settings detected
[libx264 @ 0xa1ba130] use an encoding preset (vpre)

but i don't see me using this as i don't have a ipod.I had one more but it was about the same error and it was on one of the phone video's so i don't think i would use this.

Thanks you