PDA

View Full Version : I finally cleaned my workspace

proggy
June 30th, 2010, 02:44 AM
i`m really too ashamed to show you the before pictures (it was not pretty) so here is the result , hopefully it will last more than a week

kostkon
June 30th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Nice!

ubunterooster
June 30th, 2010, 03:13 AM
I like the look and placement. The red headphones and mouse are a nice touch. However, you might want to bundle some of the wires and get a longer USB cord for the front of the computer; items hanging from the ports gives unneeded stress. Overall: 9.6/10

PS: what is with the rotation arrows on the HDMI monitor?

chessnerd
June 30th, 2010, 03:22 AM
I see you have a silver Seagate FreeAgent Desk external hard drive. Nice. I've got a 1.5 TB one of those sitting right next to me. So far, I've found it to be pretty solid, and it works well for me under both Ubuntu and Windows. What about you?

(Also, that just reminded me to do a full file backup. I haven't done one in months! Thanks.)

ubunterooster
June 30th, 2010, 03:26 AM
I ended up taking my Freeagent apart and sticking it in my Hot-swappable bay. The LED is pretty. :D

proggy
June 30th, 2010, 03:52 AM
PS: what is with the rotation arrows on the HDMI monitor?
it`s screen rotation and to answer chessnerd the seagate on windows 7 slows down shutdown but on Ubuntu works great

Phrea
June 30th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Sir, I do believe I speak for a lot of users here, when I say:

We need the before picture ! :D

proggy
June 30th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Sir, I do believe I speak for a lot of users here, when I say:

We need the before picture ! :D
They were accidently deleted :p

ubunterooster
June 30th, 2010, 03:59 AM
it`s screen rotation and to answer chessnerd the seagate on windows 7 slows down shutdown but on Ubuntu works great
Aah pretty

chessnerd
June 30th, 2010, 04:18 AM

Ah, I generally leave mine unplugged (I use it with my laptop) and when I use it I unmount it before shutting down. However, my Windows 7 and Windows Vista partitions take a long time to shut down all on their own...

proggy
June 30th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Yeah unmounting it would solve the problem for sure but i also have a MY BOOK external drive that hasn`t got that issue.

Windows Nerd
June 30th, 2010, 04:55 AM
They were accidently deleted :p
I call Bulls**t on the "accidental" part.

proggy
June 30th, 2010, 05:02 AM
I call Bulls**t on the "accidental" part.
Doesn`t matter they are gone sorry.Now let me enjoy my clean computer and let the past be past.Don`t be a hater :lolflag:

Windows Nerd
June 30th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Doesn`t matter they are gone sorry.Now let me enjoy my clean computer and let the past be past.Don`t be a hater :lolflag:
I was joking dude...but still, we all wanted to see that before picture.

proggy
June 30th, 2010, 05:11 AM
So was I but they were deleted for real.

proggy
June 30th, 2010, 05:15 AM
If you wish you may show your workspace before you clean it.

spupy
June 30th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Isn't your monitor a bit *too* high? My neck would hurt like hell if I had to use your computer.

julio_cortez
June 30th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I like it.. Is the case a CM Centurion by the way? :)

The Real Dave
June 30th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Ah, your not finished yet mate! Clean up those cables! :D

chamber
June 30th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I intend to clean up my mass of cables when my work shuts down for 2 weeks.

Will I actually do it?

RiceMonster
June 30th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Isn't your monitor a bit *too* high? My neck would hurt like hell if I had to use your computer.

Perhaps proggy is a giraffe?

cgroza
June 30th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Perhaps proggy is a giraffe?

A GIRAFFE would try to chew the PC not use it or clean it! :D

julio_cortez
June 30th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Modigliani anyone?

http://www.agoramagazine.it/agora/local/cache-vignettes/L368xH480/modigliani_a_frascati-71151.jpg

cgroza
June 30th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Modigliani anyone?

http://www.agoramagazine.it/agora/local/cache-vignettes/L368xH480/modigliani_a_frascati-71151.jpg
?????

chamber
June 30th, 2010, 02:31 PM
?????

Long neck.

steveneddy
June 30th, 2010, 02:34 PM
i`m really too ashamed to show you the before pictures (it was not pretty) so here is the result , hopefully it will last more than a week

It's much easier to keep things clean than to do a major overhaul only once in a while.

cgroza
June 30th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Long neck.
hahaha i got after i posted :D

aeiah
June 30th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I ended up taking my Freeagent apart and sticking it in my Hot-swappable bay. The LED is pretty. :D

i ended up snagging one from work and attacking it with a screwdriver. it now just sits in my pc case 8-)

proggy
June 30th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Actually my chair is height adjustable so i`m at the exact eye level and the monitor is also though it`s at it`s lowest.

"I am not an animal i am HUMAN"
Quote from the movie Elephant Man

proggy
July 3rd, 2010, 11:55 PM
I thought i`d show the inside

ubunterooster
July 4th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Looks...old. Is that the PC that the specs in your sig represent?

proggy
July 4th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Old? lol the hard drive must be the oldest 300 gb then the case is maybe 4 years old and yes those are the correct specs all used parts .

icechen1
July 4th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Nice, now if only I could stop procrastinating and clean my desk already...

WinterRain
July 4th, 2010, 02:01 AM

Without before pictures, it didn't change. ;)

WinterRain
July 4th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Looks...old. Is that the PC that the specs in your sig represent?

Looks can be deceiving. I was ready to toss out a computer that looked like it was from 1990, but after a quick inspection, the parts inside were 2003.

proggy
July 4th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Never toss out a Pc , all my pcs have always been recycled materials/hardware.
I have an old IBM case (solid piece of ****) that had a Pentium 3 in it, and as soon as i can find a fairly recent motherboard that will fit inside ,i`m gonna built me a retro looking computer with modern gutts. I may have to do cutting but i think it`s possible.

chessnerd
July 4th, 2010, 05:41 AM
I have an old IBM case (solid piece of ****) that had a Pentium 3 in it, and as soon as i can find a fairly recent motherboard that will fit inside ,i`m gonna built me a retro looking computer with modern gutts. I may have to do cutting but i think it`s possible.

Nice. I hope your project goes well.

I also don't throw away computers. I have 4 old ones sitting in the basement. Two have been gutted for parts, one is an unused laptop with broken hinges, one is from 1996. I don't know what I can do with the '96 machine. I've posted a couple (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1393532) of threads (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1453990) about it, but it just seems too old.

Someday, I'll find a use for the remaining spare parts...

magmon
July 4th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Always a good thing lol. My work space is getting an overhaul because I acquired an old SD TV today. And as all gamers know, SD is better for gaming due to the lack of HD lag. So my desk is going from my crap holder to the ps2/flat screen/desktop area.

WinterRain
July 4th, 2010, 05:50 AM

I know what you mean, as I've been thinking about gutting an aluminum Mac G5 desktop and putting in linux compatible hardware. That would be one sweet computer.