PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wanna add more space in my "File system" from "host"

lecherous
June 29th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Hi, i am new in here. Wanna help from you. When i install ubuntu 10.04, i specific 5.0 GB for ubuntu. Its in "I:" drive. But have more space in that drive. See this

/dev/sda2 8.9G 5.0G 4.0G 56% /host

Now i wanna add another 3.9 GB in "File system". So, what i need to do? I dnt wanna install again it, wants to do it with this installed copy.
I have dual boot system, have not any other problem. If you need any info, dont hesitate to ask me.

lecherous
June 30th, 2010, 02:06 AM
I mean my "root.disk" as it ext4 only 5.0GB, but i want to make it 9 GB.

stlsaint
June 30th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Probably the best/safest way to add more space would be to create another partition and mount it in fstab so as to not resize the partition but to just add to what you already have.

lecherous
June 30th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I understood that i haven't good choice to use Ubuntu one and only OS for me. Because i can't install programs in other drive, as like i install windows in "C:" but can install any soft in any drive "D:", "E:" etc. In Ubuntu haven't. So, i will wait for that day when ubuntu have this feature and that day i will shifted in Ubuntu permnanently. Ubuntu is not perfect yet.

I am waiting... (For shifting Ubuntu permanently).