PDA

View Full Version : MS Windows 8 plans leaked

emarkay
June 29th, 2010, 05:05 PM
What more can I say - Looks like mixing the "dog and ponies" of the new "social" Ubuntu with the closed-closed source "Just push a button and whal-aaah" of Apple, and the disfunctional and convoluted kludge of MS Windows, as it has always been...

Just making it harder for those who care about security and productivity to inspect and ensure their productivity and security.

Gee, where's my DOS floppies?

http://msftkitchen.com/2010/06/windows-8-plans-leaked-numerous-details-revealed.html

betrunkenaffe
June 29th, 2010, 05:09 PM
ooooo, not only a double post but a double of a post that was locked!

RiceMonster
June 29th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I'll wait until we at least see a beta to make a real judgement. Regardless of what they do, however, some people will still complain and bash it.

unknownPoster
June 29th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Regardless of what they do, however, some people will still complain and bash it.

Truer words have never been said. I think that holds true for everything everywhere... :P

Giant Speck
June 29th, 2010, 05:34 PM
When Microsoft makes their operating systems simpler, it's called "dumbing down".

When Apple makes their operating systems simpler, it's called "done before".

When Canonical makes their operating systems simpler, it's called "innovation".

sydbat
June 29th, 2010, 06:00 PM
When Microsoft makes their operating systems simpler, it's called "dumbing down".

When Canonical makes their operating systems simpler, it's called "done before".

When Apple makes their operating systems simpler, it's called "innovation".Fixed it...

ctrlmd
June 29th, 2010, 06:06 PM
cant wait to try it

Giant Speck
June 29th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Fixed it...
You have a point there...

sydbat
June 29th, 2010, 06:11 PM
You have a point there...Scary, ain't it?

Giant Speck
June 29th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Scary, ain't it?
Well, I would have disagreed with you had it not been for many of the things that have been released or announced since 10.04 came out.

emarkay
June 29th, 2010, 06:59 PM
ooooo, not only a double post but a double of a post that was locked!

Possible - there was a glitch in both the search engine here an hour ago and also that I had composed this originally in the "General Help" area by error. I am sure I did not post it there, for when I got the "No Prefix selected", I then cut and pasted it here - but regardless - this isn't doubled as I can see and is not locked.

Just thought it topical, and as I am wont to do, in this section, with my opinion attached. ;)

quinnten83
June 29th, 2010, 07:01 PM
When Canonical makes their operating systems simpler, it's called "innovation".

Really cause it has been called a lot of things, Innovation was not one of them....

alexan
June 29th, 2010, 10:24 PM
OMGOMGOMG... I am all overexcited about this... not.

:lolflag:

Anyway, what about the price? How much MS did pay user to try it?

NormanFLinux
June 30th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Microsoft has changed things people liked. No sooner did they remove the classic menu from Windows 7 when people were able to put it back in. If they change any thing else, guess what's going to happen? The removed features are going to go right back in! Redmond might as well learn a lesson and stop trying to improve on human nature.

koleoptero
June 30th, 2010, 12:34 AM
...."Just push a button and whal-aaah" of Apple.....

It's voila not whal-aaah.

/grammar_police

Khakilang
June 30th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Nah! I think Window 9 will come pretty strong and more secure.

AllRadioisDead
June 30th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I wonder how long it'll take before this turns into yet another "let's bash Microsoft" thread.
Oh wait...

julio_cortez
June 30th, 2010, 11:23 AM
This is an interesting one. Microsoft appears to be planning functionality for a reset button that will essentially reinstall Windows while maintaining all of your personal files, applications, settings, etc. without the need for the user to back all of that stuff up. A scenario is presented in one of these slides to demonstrate how it would work
I'm curious to see if it turns out to be true. I might sound a little "pessimistic" but I think it won't.

Johnsie
June 30th, 2010, 12:09 PM
This thread is pure FUD right from the OP and should be locked.

Helkaluin
June 30th, 2010, 12:21 PM

/grammar_police
You meant 'spelling', surely? Grammar concerns the syntax of a language.

/ponderously_preposterous_pedant

wolf_3d
June 30th, 2010, 12:36 PM
And yet, they didn't mention the hacker & cracker community anywhere yet.

I know they aren't a target audience but in terms of security they should acknowledge their presence. It seems that this facial recognition thing could be risky since a copy of the user's face would need to be stored somewhere for the computer to compare with.

Proteus Vulgaris
June 30th, 2010, 12:41 PM

I'm with you bro. Only articles in praise of Microsoft should be allowed in future.

Someone call a Moderator to expunge this heresy from the interweb.

Johnsie
June 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM
From this sites policies:

"Any topic or discussion that causes problems or drama will be close"

Starting a thread with a sequence of inflammatory posts was probably not a wise idea.

ssj6akshat
June 30th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I think most enterprise people that jumped on the Windows 7 bandwagon will skip Win8 because of the 2012 release date even if it is super-innovative.

nrs
June 30th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Remember all those visions Longhorn conjured? What did he get in the end? Vista. Visions are exactly that, visions; apparitions.

They may come to pass, but generally the results are much more modest.

So for me, this information means nothing, it's worthless. I'll wait for betas and release candidates.

RiceMonster
June 30th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I'm with you bro. Only articles in praise of Microsoft should be allowed in future.

Someone call a Moderator to expunge this heresy from the interweb.

For us or against us, amright?

Giant Speck
June 30th, 2010, 02:13 PM

I don't get posts like this.

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE JUST USE THE REPORT BUTTON ANYMORE? IT'S RIGHT THERE!

RiceMonster
June 30th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I don't get posts like this.

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE JUST USE THE REPORT BUTTON ANYMORE? IT'S RIGHT THERE!

Where? I don't see it.

whiskeylover
June 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Where? I don't see it.

Speck's holding the button ransom.

phrostbyte
June 30th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I can't wait for the FSF's eight reasons not to use Windows 8. :p

RiceMonster
June 30th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I can't wait for the FSF's eight reasons not to use Windows 8. :p

I can.

emarkay
June 30th, 2010, 09:26 PM
/grammar_police

Like, yo, I know that, but I waz jest playin witchall, ya knaw? And who dat in tarnation be sayin dat big werds lak "disfunctional and convoluted kludge" is be inflammatorrie? Thems is beein opinions, y'all, not fire making things.

Golly and geee willikers...

Chame_Wizard
July 1st, 2010, 12:17 AM
Out in 2015.:lolflag: