PDA

View Full Version : create portable gambas file

chaemil
June 29th, 2010, 04:24 PM
hi

how can i run the .gambas file on the machine where is'nt installed the gambas2 package?
i want to run the file from usb stick or something else. and that require to make it portable and pack wit it some binary files but i dont know which and how tell the system to run them..

thx for yout response

C.S.Cameron
June 29th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Can you make a persistent Live USB flash drive using the Startup Disk Creator from the Live CD and then install Gambas to it?

chaemil
June 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM
i dont want to create a live system... this will be used as a launcher to my game project in blender.. it will be like portable gimp or something else in windows...

kalaharix
June 30th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Normally you need an installation of Gambas runtime to run a 'compiled' Gambas application. Looking at the Gambas forum, you can define a GB_DIR environment variable that points at the Gambas installation directory.

With that, you should be able to run Gambas from your USB key, provided that the destination O.S. has all the needed shared libraries installed.

You can put all the needed shared libraries on the USB key too, and run Gambas completely, by using the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

It sounds complicated and I haven't tried it myself.

chaemil
June 30th, 2010, 06:05 PM
oh thannks i will try it... i'm guessing that i can do the same with the blenderplayer binary....

chaemil
June 30th, 2010, 09:51 PM
but... is there somewhere somebody who knows how to do it? i will need it with gambas and blenderplayer binary