PDA

View Full Version : Speed!

coldraven
June 29th, 2010, 11:41 AM
For the last four years I have had a 512kb/s internet connection.
Well sometime in the last hour I've been upgraded to 8128kb/s!!! YIPEE!!
That works out at about 0.5MB/s for downloading files.WHOOPEE!!
As I don't own a TV it will be nice to watch some streaming video without the buffering for a change.
HOORAY!
OK, I will calm down now.............:p

coutts99
June 29th, 2010, 12:26 PM
1.02 MB/s surely?

ubunterooster
June 29th, 2010, 12:27 PM
You will calm down? Why?

We went last year from 48kb/s to 18000kb/s. Still not calmed from it. Yes I am more excitable than most, but still...

sudoer541
June 29th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I will be upgrading soon too!!!
I am on DSL with Bell Internet (eeewww!!!) @ 512/512 and a co-worker suggested me to witch to Teksavvy Cable (D 3MB/u 256kb). Teksavvy cable is not available in London Ontario yet, but they are coning soon!!!

I will be going crazy soon...so, wait for me!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

coldraven
July 1st, 2010, 12:51 PM
1.02 MB/s surely?

Yes you are right. The figure I gave was from the actual speed I got downloading a large file via Wi-Fi.
But let's not quibble, this is such an improvement that I've been waiting for a long time .

OK, one last Yippee! :D

coldraven
July 1st, 2010, 12:55 PM
1.02 MB/s surely?

Yes you are right. The figure I gave was from the actual speed I got downloading a large file via Wi-Fi.
But let's not quibble, this is such an improvement that I've been waiting for a long time .
sudoer541 Good luck with you upgrade!

coldraven
July 1st, 2010, 12:56 PM
1.02 MB/s surely?Yes you are right. The figure I gave was from the actual speed I got downloading a large file via Wi-Fi.
sudoer541 --- Good luck with your upgrade!

coldraven
July 1st, 2010, 01:00 PM
1.02 MB/s surely?Yes you are right. The figure I gave was from the actual speed I got downloading a large file via Wi-Fi.
sudoer541 --- Good luck with your upgrade!

coldraven
July 1st, 2010, 01:16 PM
Ooops! Something went wrong! When I hit the submit button nothing seemed to be happening, it just stalled saying "Waiting for Ubuntu forum"
I hope that this message only appears once!