PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] monitor overfrequency

jeidern
June 29th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Good day to all,

I tried installing ubuntu 10.04, and when I ran the live cd install I got the error stated at the thread title, "Monitor overfrequency". I searched the forum for solutions and all I got was that I had to edit the Xorg conf file. The problem is, I don't know how to do it.

Note: I also tried out Zorin OS and I faced the same error. Both CDs worked fine with my other old monitors, it's the new ones that are giving me problems. Right now I'm trying out xubuntu on the monitor that worked for both ubuntu 10.04 and Zorin. I haven't tried Xubuntu in the new monitors.

PS. side question: I would like to know if Xubuntu/Ubuntu/Zorin can be cloned. I have a lot of PCs that I want to run using said OS, and I was wondering if I can reduce the installation/downloading process by cloning from hard drive to hard drive.

kalistona
June 29th, 2010, 11:38 AM
i cannot help you about overfrequency.

cloned , it is not the right word let's say install on different machine, it is not the same thing that install on your (another disq) disk : network is a thing, transfer is another thing.
you can both without problem
better is maybe to make a personnal DVD/CD instal no ?
like that, you could try and install all you want where you want.

see make a cd-live please, i think it is the right solution.

jeidern
July 1st, 2010, 01:19 AM
Bumping the thread for help :p

BTW, thanks Kalistona for the info. I do hope someone would help me with my overfrequency issue. The solutions I've searched in the forum isn't enough to provide a proper solution to my problem. It's too general. I do hope someone would help.

And for my hard drive copying issue...

Here's my situation: What I want to do is to install Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Zorin (any of the three, at present is Xubuntu) in one hard drive. Install/download all the needed programs and updates to it, and then copy the whole hard drive to another in order to save time and effort in installing/downloading programs and updates.

jeidern
July 1st, 2010, 04:53 AM
bumping again :p

jeidern
July 14th, 2010, 06:01 PM
As this thread wasn't answered and I had to make another thread, and the latter thread got answered and solved. I would like to put up a link to that thread so as to help others who are having the same problem as mine. here it is http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1522924