PDA

View Full Version : FTP to XBOX via wireless

BartlettMagic
June 28th, 2010, 11:45 PM
i've been having the same problems. here's what i've got:

softmod xbox running plain old unleashx dash.

ubuntu 9.10 on compaq laptop.

xbox connected to sysco wireless router via ethernet

karmic connected via wireless to router

i have used both gFTP and FileZilla, gFTP works for about 400/500MB before stalling, saying that it was stopped by a 'local peer'. i was ONCE able to transfer a file via gFTP, and since have not been able to complete anything i attempt. occasionally it starts and then stalls, and the rest of the time it doesn't even start.

FileZilla has not been able to do anything at all, and the variety of error messages EVERY time i attempt it can't really be copied here.

halp? so many people say that FTP'ing is easy, and it's been completely impossible for me so far.

also, the direction would be using the laptop to access the xbox. i am able to delete the incomplete files from the xbox with gFTP, but have still not been able to successfully transfer a single file. i have already set up my laptop as server.

Error: Could not write to socket: Connection reset by peer
Disconnecting from site 10.10.10.107
Could not download /home/jason/Downloads/RPs2e3.avi from local filesystem
Error: Remote site local filesystem disconnected. Will reconnect in 30 seconds

this is the most common error in gFTP when the transfer stalls. googling has led me to nothing but dead ends as to how to avoid this error.

Iowan
June 29th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Moved to new thread.
Link to old one here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9523246#post9523246).