PDA

View Full Version : Soon I'll be off the UF

Name change
June 28th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Well I just posted a plea to shutdown my account on UF, so I thought to my self why the hell not go out in style?

Well because I have no idea how to ragequit, I've decided to do the next best thing: meta ragequit.

Anyway...

I used Ubuntu for just few months in late 2007 - early 2008, while doublebooting with Windows XP on the side. I tried to install all my fonts that I have "collected" through years and didn't find how could I do this...
But when googling it I found that it's really simple on Kubuntu.
So I used it instead. And let me tell you that Kubuntu 7.10 was in hindsight utter "sh*t" (sorry KiwiNZ if I went out of the forum CoC). But I kind of had to use it as I mistakingly formatted my XP without backuping it.
Anyway through time I started to really like KDE, even more than Kubuntu.
So when I heard that KDEmod, which was supposely the best KDE there is will make their own Distro I just jumped the boat.
But I didn't jupme the boat on Chakra, but rather Arch and then add KDEmod repos.
And since then I really started to enjoy the Arch KDEmod mixture.

Anyway, I joined UF because of Ubuntu Brainstorm, but I never actually was of any help or anything.
Interestingly most of my activity on UF came when a link from the other forums "UF fail megathread" linked to something that I found worth replying.

I think, nay I hope, that I'm not seen as atroll just because I come from the other forum. I'm not. I actually kind of like Linux; I just really really really hate all the fanboyism and GNU puritanism that it brings with it.
I mean when I read all the mono hate; I get a sudden urge to install mono for no reason at all.

Anyway this was my rant / meta-failed attempt at ragequitting.
bye!

wilee-nilee
June 28th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Are you going to close your other account DSH.

Name change
June 28th, 2010, 11:23 PM
PS.: Konqueror with KHTML and UF still don't like each other, I have to use WebKit...

Name change
June 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Are you going to close your other account DSH.

Which other account? I only have one account here.
If you mean Ubuntu Brainstorm, I would, but i have no idea if it's possible...

KiwiNZ
June 28th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Farewell , take care,and a coffee and a warm welcome is always here if you so chose.

And the dark side is good

Cheers

ps I will give a little time for farewells , then disable.

Name change
June 28th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Hmm the number of replies show how active I was in UF...
Nobody trying to convince me not to do it, like some tried to convice the TTM not to do it...
Not even "just go you M$ $hill", well just one...

I dn't know should I be proud that I at least am not a controversial person or should I concerne about how little impact my UF activity really had...
Oh well it will end soon I guess.

KiwiNZ
June 28th, 2010, 11:37 PM
I don't like anyone leaving, but for me its just more dignified to say a fond farewell and invite a welcome return should they wish to. And yes you are welcome to stay and welcome to return.

wilee-nilee
June 28th, 2010, 11:39 PM
You misinterpret my post I only noticed the similarity of your avatar to another, I use MS and open source they are all operating systems. Your welcome here and everywhere.:p

Name change
June 28th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I don't like anyone leaving, but for me its just more dignified to say a fond farewell and invite a welcome return should they wish to. And yes you are welcome to stay and welcome to return.
Yeah. i would agree.
I would like to say that maybe I'll return sometime in the future back to UF.
But I really don't know what I would do here.
I can't really help with techincal dificulties and Caffe can be entertaning, but there are Caffes in other forums or even whole forums that allow the same thing...
So yeah... but still it was fun while it last, i just might miss some of you.

nothingspecial
June 28th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Hmm the number of replies show how active I was in UF...
Nobody trying to convince me not to do it, like some tried to convice the TTM not to do it...
Not even "just go you M$ $hill", well just one...

I dn't know should I be proud that I at least am not a controversial person or should I concerne about how little impact my UF activity really had...
Oh well it will end soon I guess.

Well, I must admit, I`ve been here a while and you have had absolutely no impact on me But that counts for nothing.

Have a good time.

Cheers.

Name change
June 28th, 2010, 11:41 PM
You misinterpret my post I only noticed the similarity of your avatar to another, I use MS and open source they are all operating systems. Your welcome here and everywhere.:p
Oh OK. I guess I aplogize...

It was a running gag, a meme if you wish.
And i just forgot to change my avatar...
That's another showcase how inactive I was on this forum.

Giant Speck
June 28th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Who are you and why should we care?

Name change
June 28th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I don't know I forgot...

wilee-nilee
June 28th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Oh OK. I guess I aplogize...

It was a running gag, a meme if you wish.
And i just forgot to change my avatar...
That's another showcase how inactive I was on this forum.

Hey I like everybody, including the others, it is just a realization of the mirroring of the other, when we criticize them. In other words we don't like them because they're doing the same thing we are, which we intrinsically know is a flawed approach, consciously or unconsciously.

nothingspecial
June 28th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Hey I like everybody, including the others, it is just a realization of the mirroring of the other, when we criticize them. In other words we don't like them because they're doing the same thing we are, which we intrinsically know is a flawed approach, consciously or unconsciously.

That`s cosmic man :guitar:

Name change
June 28th, 2010, 11:50 PM
OK, wow, what insipred you to write such a philosophical post?

Anyway, it's getting late here, so I'm going to bed. So I guess this is my last post here...
(and still no Frank :( )
So bye and enjoy using Ubuntu!

the8thstar
June 28th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Quit if you will. Who's to stop you?

MichealH
June 28th, 2010, 11:52 PM

Thata not very nice! I hate people leaving UF and TBH I did try to convince TTM not to do it becuause I hate people going. Please reconsider your request.

MCVenom
June 28th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I'll miss ya dude, goodbye! :)

MCVenom
June 28th, 2010, 11:56 PM
No one. He's not threatening to leave, he's leaving *period*. This is the goodbye thread. :P

KiwiNZ
June 28th, 2010, 11:59 PM

No need to be snippy

"Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention."

wilee-nilee
June 29th, 2010, 12:00 AM
That`s cosmic man :guitar:

It's basic Depth Psychology 101.

KiwiNZ
June 29th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Out of respect for the member I have now disabled and renamed the account I will close this thread .