PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] half icons...

Lars_bylund
June 28th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hi. My trashcan icon are half and so are the 'display-the-desktop' icon. I have tried to restart (several times) moved em around aso, but they stay the same.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4742080792_47066abcfb_s.jpg

Ender985
June 28th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I have a similar problem with my Trash icon. Sometimes it is only half-rendered, and only the rendered part is functional (ie if you click on the 'empty' space where the bin should be, nothing happens). In my case though, this is only happening with a 50-pixel-wide vertical bar, if I put the icon on the 24-pixel-high default horizontal bar, it seems to work correctly. But it happens randomly at session start, and closing the laptop-lid and reopening it (making it redraw the whole desktop) fixes the issue most of the time.

I'll post a couple of screenshots of this when I come back home in a few hours.

Edit: I (hopefully) attached now my version of probably the same or a related issue.

On the top part of the left pannel I have dockbarx running, on the bottom part is where I located the problematic Trash icon (since dockbarx can not really support it on its own..). I don't know if the bug is related somehow to dockbar or not.

The first screenshot is the state of my trash icon as I write this, and the second one is one I took a while ago, when I set up 3 icons at different positions and with differnent properties (locked, unlocked, with a separator between it and dockbarx, without) and all three of them are corrupted.

As I said before, it is not only a drawing corruption problem, but the part that is gone from the icon is also not responsive at all, he really thinks it is an empty part of the bar.

Thanks for any help!

Lars_bylund
June 30th, 2010, 08:52 AM
My icons are ok again, dont know why or how, when I had a problem with the power button disappearing I read somewhere that I should write something in the terminal to 'refresh' my icons, maybe this would do the trick here to? sadly I have forgotten what it was I wrote, 'kill' something, I think.