PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Arthritis and Mice... Trying to get 10.04 to accomodate

drspiff
June 27th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Just for background, I've been messing with computers since punch boards and paper cards in 1962. One of the downsides of all this computing is that I have arthritis in my mouse hand, specifically my index finger. I use 4 button Logitech mice on all my computers. Logitech still has available a piece of software called Mouseman which allows me to change the mouse mapping in XP.

These mice have 3 buttons across the top and a thumb button. To accommodate, I've mapped the top middle button to a double click and the thumb button as click/select. The right top button is unchanged and the left top button is unused.

I've tried to setup the same mouse button mapping in Ubunto 10.04, using imwheel and to no avail. Any ideas, clear explanatory text, or pointers to a usable steps for changing my mouse button mappings?

Thanks,
Dr. Spiff

gsiliceo
June 28th, 2010, 04:17 PM
bump, i'm also trying to remap my mouse 5 and 6th button because if arthritis lol, i want them to be middle click, any ideas?