PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Errors when trying to fix FGLRX

bronxbomberz41
June 27th, 2010, 02:03 PM
A few weeks ago either after the upgrade to 10.04 or on a subsequent system update I have been having problems. I have not been able to use Compiz Desktop Effects and playing videos in full screen is awful slow and choppy. I have tried numerous things to try and fix this and now at this point whenever i try anything through the terminal I get the following error.

brian@brian-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get -f purge xorg-driver-fglrx fglrx fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-kernel-source
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package xorg-driver-fglrx is not installed, so not removed
Package fglrx-amdcccle is not installed, so not removed
Package fglrx-kernel-source is not installed, so not removed
The following packages will be REMOVED:
fglrx
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 101MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 224121 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing fglrx ...
dpkg-divert: mismatch on package
when removing `diversion of /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa by fglrx'
found `diversion of /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa by xorg-driver-fglrx'
dpkg: error processing fglrx (--remove):
subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Processing triggers for ureadahead ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
fglrx
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

It is also showing as a package marked for removal in Synaptic but it his an error every time I try to remove it.

dino99
June 27th, 2010, 03:07 PM
add this ppa to synaptic repo and update

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates

bronxbomberz41
June 27th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks but it doesn't look like its working. I tried it and its timing out. Here is what I was inputting in case i did anything wrong, along with the output in the terminal.

brian@brian-laptop:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv 643DC6BD56580CEB1AB4A9F63B22AB97AF1CDFA9
gpg: requesting key AF1CDFA9 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: keyserver timed out
gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error

bronxbomberz41
June 27th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I also tried to manually add the ppa via the software sources and I got the following error (screenshot because for some reason it wouldn't let me copy the text)

bronxbomberz41
June 28th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Bump

bronxbomberz41
June 30th, 2010, 11:13 PM
My update manager and synaptic are not working properly and I can't perform updates through the terminal anymore. I'm kinda stuck here if anyone can help. Don't want to have to do a fresh re-install (which I've had to do pretty much every time I upgrade to the latest distro through the upgrade channels)