PDA

View Full Version : So I picked up an iPhone 4 today...

fatality_uk
June 26th, 2010, 04:25 PM
had to put it straight back down to get a signal!!
:p

Phrea
June 26th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I'd like to see some pictures, of you holding that phone. :P

kamaboko
June 26th, 2010, 04:31 PM
But Steve Jobs said it's a none issue. All you have to do is shell out $30US for what amounts to a rubber band that goes around the edges. Amazing how they had this nifty little item already to sell...almost like they knew about the reception problem in the first place. I bet Jobs could bring back the "Pet Rock" and people would buy them in droves. "It's not just a regular rock that you would find on the side of the road. This is a special rock. Look at how fast it drops when you let go of it. It breaks glass like no other rock can. It's the iRock...and I invented it".

fatality_uk
June 26th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Having seen all the vids on youtube showing people putting a phone back on the kitchen table to get a signal, I am waiting for Apple to bring out the iTable!!!

Dr. C
June 26th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Apparently the problems are worse if one holds it on one's left hand. That is holding it wrong one must hold it on one right hand. http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Apple-On-iPhone-Reception-Woes-Youre-Holding-It-Wrong-109054 Well that is one more reason to not consider the iPhone at all, as if there were not so many other really good reasons already to stay well away.

kamaboko
June 26th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Apple is working on a left hand solution. It'll be called the iRightHand. Put the phone in the iRightHand holder, then, hold the iPhone in the iRightHand to your left ear. Easy solution for only $120US.

squilookle
June 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM
This is why I wait for a few months to buy stuff rather than queueing up outside the shop on launch day. Not that I would ever buy an iPhone anyway.

Oh well.