PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstall

MughalShahzad
June 26th, 2010, 09:14 AM
How to uninstall NetBeans IDE 6.7.1 permanently from UBUNTU 9.10, I tried it from Software Center, at that time it was un-installed but when i tried to install it again it look just few minuts and get installed with all plugins which were previously installed; while it took half an hour when first time i installed it, it means it was not permanently removed from system.

How to remove it permanently as my system was before its installation because its not working smoothly, after removal i want to install it again as if it was first time installed.

Thanks & Regards

wilee-nilee
June 26th, 2010, 10:01 AM
How to uninstall NetBeans IDE 6.7.1 permanently from UBUNTU 9.10, I tried it from Software Center, at that time it was un-installed but when i tried to install it again it look just few minuts and get installed with all plugins which were previously installed; while it took half an hour when first time i installed it, it means it was not permanently removed from system.

How to remove it permanently as my system was before its installation because its not working smoothly, after removal i want to install it again as if it was first time installed.

Thanks & Regards

Your best to avoid the software center synaptic will show all the dependencies. Use the settings-preference-show package properties in main window to give you the bar in that window.

You can also look at the history in synaptic and search for installs with the history open, by copying and pasting into the search and marking for removal.

mikewhatever
June 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Software Center is the way to install and uninstall programs. The reason netbeans got installed faster the second time is because the packages didn't have to be re-downloaded. Ubuntu keeps the downloaded installation packages by default to facilitate and speed up re-installations.

wilee-nilee
June 26th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Software Center is the way to install and uninstall programs. The reason netbeans got installed faster the second time is because the packages didn't have to be re-downloaded. Ubuntu keeps the downloaded installation packages by default to facilitate and speed up re-installations.

Gotta love the cache, I clear mine daily, I keep it in arch though.