PDA

View Full Version : Futurama returns

proggy
June 26th, 2010, 06:30 AM
"Good news everyone futurama returns" http://www.theawl.com/2010/06/futurama-returns-now-more-than-whenever

madjr
June 26th, 2010, 08:20 AM
nice

simpsons need a lil break

Dustin2128
June 26th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Best opening lines ever.

on the count of three you will awaken feeling refreshed, as if futurama had never been canceled by idiots, then brought back by bigger idiots

magmon
June 26th, 2010, 09:11 AM
The new episodes are pretty good too! I have to say, within the big 5 (South Park, The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, and American Dad), futurama is my favorite. I like the humor and the way the punch lines are delivered.

squilookle
June 26th, 2010, 10:26 AM
In a way, I'm chuffed to bits: I love Futurama.

In another way, I thought they'd rounded it off nicely and was pleased they weren't going the way of the Simpsons, which I also love and which still produces good episodes, but has scraped the barrel in the past... like when they met Tony Blair. D'oh!

nrs
June 26th, 2010, 10:27 AM
"Are they dead?" "Ohhhh, no. Much worse."

Stancel
June 26th, 2010, 11:18 AM
My mom doesn't like Futurama, because of the "one eyed lady". :lolflag:

gnomeuser
June 26th, 2010, 11:36 AM
I am excited especially since they managed largely to return to the 30 episode style humor that they did so well. The movies were great but never entirely felt like Futurama.

I love the new episodes and I hope they can keep their steam up for many years to come.

ronnielsen1
June 26th, 2010, 12:01 PM
My mom doesn't like Futurama, because of the "one eyed lady".
She's my favorite

lutherdclooney
June 26th, 2010, 12:30 PM
"Good news everyone futurama returns" http://www.theawl.com/2010/06/futurama-returns-now-more-than-whenever
Great to hear that Katey Sagal is back for another season of Futurama to make the voice of the character Leela. Katey has one of the best voices in the industry just as good as Carol Burnett (http://www.cooperjsjd.com) has.
Loved Katey Sagal back then in Married With Children where she played Al Bundy's wife for 11 seasons.
It is good that she is returning for one more season of Futurama because it is one of my favorite shows even after all these years :)

Lucradia
June 26th, 2010, 03:07 PM
That 90 seconds video was removed because FOX made youtube take it down. That's too bad.

Plus, FOX like, doesn't come in on my DTV, nor at my friends' so how do we watch it? (It's a channel on DTV, but the reception is so horrible, the reception indicator never gets out of the red. We can't even add it as a channel. And I'm EVEN CLOSER TO FOX THAN MY FRIEND, and I still can't get it.)

aladinonl
June 26th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I love Futurama but I feel the new episodes were not that good.

oldos2er
June 26th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I love Futurama but I feel the new episodes were not that good.

I had that reaction too. Kind of "meh".

tjwoosta
June 26th, 2010, 08:07 PM
That 90 seconds video was removed because FOX made youtube take it down. That's too bad.

Plus, FOX like, doesn't come in on my DTV, nor at my friends' so how do we watch it? (It's a channel on DTV, but the reception is so horrible, the reception indicator never gets out of the red. We can't even add it as a channel. And I'm EVEN CLOSER TO FOX THAN MY FRIEND, and I still can't get it.)

Did I miss something? Futurama is on Comedy Central now, not FOX.

slooksterpsv
June 26th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I had that reaction too. Kind of "meh".

I agree they were ok, but something didn't seem right. Not all the original voice casts did the episodes right? I dunno, maybe it'll just take sometime to pick up.

Lucradia
June 26th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Did I miss something? Futurama is on Comedy Central now, not FOX.

Okay.

*Boycotts cable and Satillite Television*

CharlesA
June 26th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Just finished watching episode 1 online. Was kinda meh, got a couple laughs tho. Do the bender and all that... :P

nrs
June 27th, 2010, 12:08 AM
I agree they were ok, but something didn't seem right. Not all the original voice casts did the episodes right? I dunno, maybe it'll just take sometime to pick up.
There was a dispute with the original cast members, but it was resolved. They're original.