PDA

View Full Version : w00t

chris200x9
June 25th, 2010, 11:44 PM
I just found out about .co domains, I pre-registered logic.co iblog.co droid.co and lulz.co Interesting what'll happen to droid... it is a trademark but I'm pretty sure 'droid.co' is not. I just got iblog because iblog.com get's alot of traffic so I'm thinking of parking it.

chris200x9
June 26th, 2010, 01:18 AM
anyone thinking I'll make monies?

ubunterooster
June 26th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Not really...

chris200x9
June 26th, 2010, 01:22 AM
boo :(

BenAshton24
June 26th, 2010, 01:23 AM
People like you are destroying the internet.

chris200x9
June 26th, 2010, 01:29 AM
People like you are destroying the internet.

lol? how is register words killing the internet? ZOMG I can't get lulz.co the intertents is broke!

BenAshton24
June 26th, 2010, 01:35 AM
lol? how is register words killing the internet? ZOMG I can't get lulz.co the intertents is broke!

Well you're registering multiple domains with no intent to add content. People who actually want to contribute will find that their ideal domain has already been registered by someone and now they'll have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to buy it back.

ubunterooster
June 26th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Well you're registering multiple domains with no intent to add content. People who actually want to contribute will find that their ideal domain has already been registered by someone and now they'll have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to buy it back.
I have no problem with it but do not see it as a worthwhile investment.

chris200x9
June 26th, 2010, 01:41 AM

you might have a point if one person or group owned a majority of webspace but thats's just not the case 2 letter domains 26^2 3 26^3 4 26^4 need I go on? That's just letters...

edit: it's not like I'm robbing the internet of content, people who want to contribute will. lulz1.co iblog1.co droid1.co logic1.co see what I did there?

BenAshton24
June 26th, 2010, 01:46 AM
you might have a point if one person or group owned a majority of webspace but thats's just not the case 2 letter domains 26^2 3 26^3 4 26^4 need I go on? That's just letters...

You're not accounting for the fact that domains such as "d8s9rg.com" aren't exactly ideal. But I do agree with you, it's not so bad when it's just a few domains. I just hate the companies that park hundreds of domains at a time.

chris200x9
June 26th, 2010, 01:51 AM
You're not accounting for the fact that domains such as "d8s9rg.com" aren't exactly ideal. But I do agree with you, it's not so bad when it's just a few domains. I just hate the companies that park hundreds of domains at a time.

I see your point, it'd suck if I just mindlessly bought everything related to the domain.