PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Default Gujarati Fonts in Ubuntu?

mrugs.jani
June 25th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Hay all, I am facing some junk gujarati font issue, any one can please tell me which is the default font for Gujrati in Ubuntu 8.04.

Waiting for reply.

Thank you!

Regards,
Mrugesh Jani

prshah
June 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM
any one can please tell me which is the default font for Gujrati in Ubuntu 8.04.

There is no "default" font as such; however, you can try samyak gujarati if you are having problems.

If you are having problems while typing, it is most likely related to your keyboard layout. Check if you have language-support-gu installed, and check if you have the gujrati keyboard layout installed at System-Preferences-Keyboard-Layouts-India Gujrati. You can also print the layout for your reference.

simosx
June 25th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Hay all, I am facing some junk gujarati font issue, any one can please tell me which is the default font for Gujrati in Ubuntu 8.04.

I do not know which is the default font in Ubuntu 8.04.
However, in Ubuntu 10.04, the default Gujarati font is 'Lohit Gujarati'.

You can find which is the default font for Gujarati in Ubuntu 8.04 if you
1. Start Character Map (is in Applications/Accessories/Character Map)
2. Locate the Gujarati script from the list on the left.
3. If you see Gujarati characters in the table, then there is a Gujarati default font.
4. If you right-click on any of those Gujarati characters, you can read the name of the exact font that is used. In Ubuntu 10.04 it says 'Lohit Gujarati'.

Note that the font names 'Sans', 'Serif' and 'Monospace' are virtual fonts; you need to do the right-click thing in order to identify the correct font used.