PDA

View Full Version : The new KompoZer does not work like the old one.

irv
June 24th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I have a little side job since I retired. I do obituaries for a local business, and part of my job is to maintain and update their website. I have been using KompoZer to make changes and updating pages directly on the web server. Since I have upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 and re-installing KompoZer I can not do it this way anymore. I need to keep a local copy of the webpage on my laptop, update it and then upload it to the server.
I have been looking for a wysiwyg HTML editor that works the way the old KompoZer worked but I have not found one.
My question: Does anyone know of a deb Linux application out here that will allow me to edit pages and publish them directly on the server like I did before without keeping a local copy?

juancarlospaco
June 24th, 2010, 06:46 PM
sshfs

Dragonbite
June 24th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Not sure about remote open/save, but have you looked at Quanta Plus? That's the only real semi-WYSIWYG I can think of.

L4U
June 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but the only WYSIWYG Linux web editors are:

Seamonkey
Amaya
OpenOffice Write/Web
Kompozer

Seamonkey and Amaya are basically the same. OOWeb is the closet to Frontpage, but like Seamonkey and Amaya are only meant for small websites. Kompozer's the only one I think that has a file manager to handle large websites.

Personally I still keep a Windows dual-boot just so I can use Frontpage, one of the easiest WYSIWYGs out out.